Myth or Fact? The so-called Crusader Agenda?

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by thingy, Aug 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I keep reading about a Crusader or Christian Agenda in the Muslim media at home and abroad as well as on blogs. What is this Agenda and should we be worried? Do Muslims have any real cause of fear or is it all really properganda as their detractors claim. We should be concerned as the loyality of Muslims in the Army are being challenged in Muslim fora such as the example below:

http://www.islamicboard.com/645687-post13.html

Key points of the Crusader Agenda include:

"Talk about Christians and Christianity as loudly and as often as possible."
    "Portray Christians as victims, not as aggressive challengers."
    "Give Christian protectors a just cause."
    "Make Christians look good."
    "Make Muslims look bad."
    "Lobby to have Christians in key government positions."
    "Force Muslim children to read the Bible."
    "Christians are demanding the right to have sex with our children and our camels."

And on they go.

2. It is of course worrying, I believe the idea is to marginalise those members of the armed forces. Its an effective way to do things, produces doubt and radicalisation of team members and instills doubt in the other team members as to their mates loyalties. I've only served with one muslim chap called Harry Bo***. I found him to be an ok sort of chap. Can't remember anyone onboard ridiculing his faith,or his beliefs.
    This would appear to be a general ratcheting up of the stakes by fundementalists, those who send young girls and boys out in suicide vests. They preach hatred at those who are not fundemental muslims and seek to marginalise them as well. The Koran preaches peace, but like the bible, its very open to interpretation.
    Now go back to bed Steve and keep the hell of our Last Post Forum, or I'll send over a couple of mullahs to sort you out :wink:

3. I suspect that the Muslims have nothing to fear from Christians and Seventh Day Don’t Give a Sodders. They are beyond reproach and a moral example to us all; http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/8663712

4. Reminds me of getting caned at school with the sort of cane I use in the garden to support my roses, for 1) possessing a cigarette; (2) possessing a match; (3) the possessing something to ignite the match with, etc, etc. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! It's not fair! :evil: :sad2: