Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Myth or Fact? The so-called Crusader Agenda?

I keep reading about a Crusader or Christian Agenda in the Muslim media at home and abroad as well as on blogs. What is this Agenda and should we be worried? Do Muslims have any real cause of fear or is it all really properganda as their detractors claim. We should be concerned as the loyality of Muslims in the Army are being challenged in Muslim fora such as the example below:

http://www.islamicboard.com/645687-post13.html

Key points of the Crusader Agenda include:

"Talk about Christians and Christianity as loudly and as often as possible."
"Portray Christians as victims, not as aggressive challengers."
"Give Christian protectors a just cause."
"Make Christians look good."
"Make Muslims look bad."
"Lobby to have Christians in key government positions."
"Force Muslim children to read the Bible."
"Christians are demanding the right to have sex with our children and our camels."

And on they go.

trelawney126

War Hero
It is of course worrying, I believe the idea is to marginalise those members of the armed forces. Its an effective way to do things, produces doubt and radicalisation of team members and instills doubt in the other team members as to their mates loyalties. I've only served with one muslim chap called Harry Bo***. I found him to be an ok sort of chap. Can't remember anyone onboard ridiculing his faith,or his beliefs.
This would appear to be a general ratcheting up of the stakes by fundementalists, those who send young girls and boys out in suicide vests. They preach hatred at those who are not fundemental muslims and seek to marginalise them as well. The Koran preaches peace, but like the bible, its very open to interpretation.
Now go back to bed Steve and keep the hell of our Last Post Forum, or I'll send over a couple of mullahs to sort you out :wink:

I suspect that the Muslims have nothing to fear from Christians and Seventh Day Don’t Give a Sodders. They are beyond reproach and a moral example to us all; http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/8663712

A Muslim part-time model will be caned next week, becoming the first woman in Malaysia to be given the punishment under Islamic law, after she pleaded guilty to drinking beer, a prosecutor said Wednesday. An Islamic court in July ordered that Kartika Sari Dewi Shukarno, 32, be lashed six times with a rattan cane after she was caught drinking alcohol in a raid on a hotel night club in eastern Pahang state last year. Prosecutor Saiful Idham Sahimi said Kartika will be the first woman to be caned under Islamic law after she chose not to appeal the sentence.
"This is the first case in Malaysia. ... It is a good punishment because under Islamic law a person who drinks commits a serious offense," he said.

Passed-over_Loggie said:
I suspect that the Muslims have nothing to fear from Christians and Seventh Day Don’t Give a Sodders. They are beyond reproach and a moral example to us all; http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/8663712

A Muslim part-time model will be caned next week, becoming the first woman in Malaysia to be given the punishment under Islamic law, after she pleaded guilty to drinking beer, a prosecutor said Wednesday. An Islamic court in July ordered that Kartika Sari Dewi Shukarno, 32, be lashed six times with a rattan cane after she was caught drinking alcohol in a raid on a hotel night club in eastern Pahang state last year. Prosecutor Saiful Idham Sahimi said Kartika will be the first woman to be caned under Islamic law after she chose not to appeal the sentence.
"This is the first case in Malaysia. ... It is a good punishment because under Islamic law a person who drinks commits a serious offense," he said.

Reminds me of getting caned at school with the sort of cane I use in the garden to support my roses, for 1) possessing a cigarette; (2) possessing a match; (3) the possessing something to ignite the match with, etc, etc. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! It's not fair! :evil: :sad2:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J LSAP upto 30k buckshee - myth or fact??? Current Affairs 8
J lSAP upto 30k buckshee!!! - myth or fact??? The Gash Barge 1
MoD_RSS Hong Kong (Hong Kong myth busting article) MoD News 0
M Naval Intelligence, myth or mythleading??? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
Naval_Gazer The BBC and the myth of the Battle of Britain History 25
NotmeChief Myth or not ? History 2
wet_blobby Recycling.....the big myth Diamond Lil's 27
Shakey New Urban Myth Diamond Lil's 6
N Truth or Myth ? Diamond Lil's 24
slim Experts Stub Out 'Lite' Cigarette Myth Diamond Lil's 0
Shakey Urban myth turns out to be true! Diamond Lil's 4
B Myth or reality ? Diamond Lil's 4
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: Interactive Dialogue with the Fact Finding Mission on Libya MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: Interactive Dialogue with the Fact Finding mission on Venezuela MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 42: Interactive Dialogue with the Fact-finding Mission on Myanmar MoD News 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp SUBMARINE BOOKS - Fact & Fiction Submariners 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Security Council briefing on the UN Fact-Finding Mission in Burma MoD News 0
J the fact that it is also a sunscreen so Health & Fitness 1
S Some fact checking before SIFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
O Hms raleigh...fact or fiction? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
S Fact or Fiction Diamond Lil's 5
2_deck_dash 2_Deck_Dash's Fascinating Fact of the day. Diamond Lil's 129
U No more unit 1st Aid courses? Rumour peddled (by me) as fact Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 10
I Year Long Mobilizations Fact or Fiction???? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 16
higthepig Interesting Naval Fact Diamond Lil's 6
MoD_RSS Called-in decision: Anglia Square, Norwich (ref: 3225505 - 12 November 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Called-in decision and recovered appeal: land at Barleycastle Lane, Appleton Thorn, Warrington (refs: 3222603/3253083 - 2 November 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ethnic minority communities and the elderly called upon to bolster the fight against coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Called-in decision: land at Citroen Site, Capital Interchange Way, Brentford (ref: 3226914 - 10 September 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Called-in decision: land at Highthorn, Widdrington, Northumberland (ref: 3158266 – 8 September 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Called-in decision: land At Purley Baptist Church, 1 Russell Hill Road, 1-4 Russell Hill Parade, 2-12 Brighton Road, Purley Hall and 1-9 Banstead Road MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Called-in decision: land at 43/45 and 39/41 Notting Hill Gate and 161-237 (odd), Kensington Church Street, London (ref: 3225884 – 25 June 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Called-in decision: land bounded by Wandsworth Road, Parry Street, Bondway and Vauxhall Bus Station (ref: 3229531 - 9 April 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Called-in decision: land at Hatchfield Farm, Fordham Road, Newmarket, Suffolk (ref: 2222871 - 12 March 2020) MoD News 0
Ageing_Gracefully Three days mourning called in Wales Diamond Lil's 2
MoD_RSS Called-in decision: land at 214 Tunnel Avenue, London SE10 (ref: 3216423 - 25 September 2019) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Called-in decision: land east of Gleneagles Way, Hatfield Peverel (ref: 3180729 - 8 July 2019) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Called-in decision: land off Stone Path Drive, Hatfield Peverel (ref: 3180725 - 8 July 2019) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Advocate General for Northern Ireland, Geoffrey Cox QC MP called to the Bar MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Russian Ambassador called to Foreign Office to discuss Syria MoD News 0
M How likely are you to be called up? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 4
MoD_RSS Press release: Defence industry called to tackle enduring challenges MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: The story behind the journey Churchill called the “worst in the world" MoD News 0
A place in Turkey called Batman The Gash Barge 3
soleil Pompey News: "Time To Be Called At Naval Favourite Ruby’s" Bases / Shore Est 7
MaiBelle I can't believe it's called 'news' Diamond Lil's 118
F So called 'bedroom tax' suicide. Current Affairs 39
trelawney126 Bird strike on Chinook Autoglass called out The Gash Barge 4
soleil Pompey News: "Portsmouth Bomb Squad Called To V-2 Missile Found In Suffolk" Current Affairs 30
soleil Herald: "Bomb Disposal Team Called After Discovery Of Rusty Bedknob" Bases / Shore Est 2