My name on HMS illustrious bell

My name is on her bell. I'd love to find a picture please. I was christened on board and I believe I was second on the new bell. My dad was a petty officer medical assistant on board. And as my father is about to die I want to show him one last time.

Considering the names are engraved on the inside of the bell it will be hard to find a picture circling around online. Might want to give the MOD a call? See where the bell is? Might be collecting dust in a officers mess.

Dusty70

Lantern Swinger
While we are on the subject anyone know what happened to the HMS Pembroke chapel bell ??

Incidentally I am a Mason in Hastings and our dining room has the big (shaped like the old sailing ships) lights from the Wardroom at Pembroke - no idea how they got there

While we are on the subject anyone know what happened to the HMS Pembroke chapel bell ??

Incidentally I am a Mason in Hastings and our dining room has the big (shaped like the old sailing ships) lights from the Wardroom at Pembroke - no idea how they got there
A jack dusty not knowing how a piece of pusser's kit has "appeared" somewhere else??

Score zero on dit credibility rating ;)

Latest Threads