My Mum

Discussion in 'Nearest & Dearest' started by tug1970, Dec 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't know if this is the right thing to do but my mum died yesterday at 1556.
    She was so proud when I passed out from Hms Raleigh and Rnh Haslar.
    then when I went to sea in the merchant service she was still so proud.
    Did not say so many things and did do so many things for her as I should of.
    I will miss her so much and I will never get to hear her voice or see her smile again.
    What I am trying to say is please tell your loved ones how you fell as you never
    know what is going to happen.

Broken hearted Tug.

2. Tug, you have my deepest sympathy, keep your chin up

3. Very sorry to hear about the passing of your mum Tug, my sincere condolences. Many of the things that went unsaid she will have known; take heart from that.

4. I second what others have said Tug. My stepdad moved on a few years ago, and many things remained unsaid between us right up till the day he died. I was a right little twat as a kid and he and my old Mum went through some pretty hard times because of me. That said, I have a favourite fishing spot on the River Findhorn, and spooky though it is every time I cast a line I can't help but think he's there laughing at my casting and my regular empty-handed walks back to the car.

You obviously made yr Mum well proud mate, think of that and all the good memories you have. Pick a favourite place of hers and remember her when you go for a walk there. Lastly, at my stepdad's funeral we got dozens of photos of him printed off for people to take away & keep after the service, and that went down really well - might be worth considering.

Best wishes at this difficult time shippers.

• Like Like x 2
  5. May i send my deepest sympathy and thoughts.

As others have said, those things you wished to have said, were known by her.

Also, may i say Thank you, i have not seen my mum for six month, thank you for the kick up the backside. Knock Knock mum.

Chin up.

6. Sorry to hear your sad news mate. My wife and I have just been through a hell of a year with more losses than I care to think about, so my heart goes out to you and your family.

7. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

I'm so sad to hear of your loss Tug. Believe me, mums' just know, even if you don't say it often enough. She must have been so proud of you and all your achievements, so remember the good times and don't linger on the bad although I know that can be hard.

8. Sorry for your loss Tug.

9. Please accept my deepest condolences mate,when your mum passes it's very hard to take.Take care

10. Sad news oppo. Deepest sympathies.

11. Sorry to hear of your loss Tug, my Father died 15th Dec last year, my thoughts are with you.

12. I think Mothers do know that we have to make our own way and can't keep in touch as much as the" family" that stays locally.
    Was in Singapore when my Father died and living /working in Scotland when Mother died in the southern counties.
    Got to my Mothers funeral .She was a woman with a mission --the 2ww my Dad was away and she had me and my Sister to look after
    some life .
    Some Lady
    G.

13. All the best, Tug.As a couple of people have said- your mum would have known how you felt without you saying a word.
    She knew you before you knew her, don't forget that, and could probably read you like a book.
    Rightly proud of you,too.
    God bless and look forward to the new year. You'll carry her with you.
    T x

14. Tug, I lost my mother in 1988 when she was only 57 (I was 25 at the time). I send to you my heartfelt sympathies, time, as they say, is the great healer. Your mother will always live on, as long as she is in your thoughts and in your heart.