My medical experience

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Presumably you are one of the 'lucky' few trialling the new, super-duper improved medical. This involves a pre-medical screening call to address any potential medical referral issues prior to the first medical appointment.

In theory, this should reduce delays. Arguably it could simply move the delay ahead of the medical rather than after. Fingers-crossed, it does indeed turn out to be faster, but the proof is in the pudding.

Justthetip

Badgeman
Presumably you are one of the 'lucky' few ....

I believe so Ninja, got a missed call from capita health rang back and did pre screening with a nurse? ... she got a bit confused when I said the RAF did my ear op as a lad in 94 (dad in army) ... she took this as me being in the RAF and asked for my service record (twice) ... I took her through my birthday, I pointed out i would have been 13 and wouldnt have been in the RAF (she typed away but dont think she got it) ... anyways ... after that she said she would send it 'all' onto the doctor ... didnt hear anything and still havent???? .. rang and emailed afco see if anything i need to do was told to wait ... this is despite saying can we get you on the next course asap? .. oh well as i am older, I will have to wait doesnt mean i am any less keen but bit of a poor show for young ones who are keen .... Thanks though :eek:)

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I believe so Ninja, got a missed call from capita health rang back and did pre screening with a nurse? ... she got a bit confused when I said the RAF did my ear op as a lad in 94 (dad in army) ... she took this as me being in the RAF and asked for my service record (twice) ... I took her through my birthday, I pointed out i would have been 13 and wouldnt have been in the RAF (she typed away but dont think she got it) ... anyways ... after that she said she would send it 'all' onto the doctor ... didnt hear anything and still havent???? .. rang and emailed afco see if anything i need to do was told to wait ... this is despite saying can we get you on the next course asap? .. oh well as i am older, I will have to wait doesnt mean i am any less keen but bit of a poor show for young ones who are keen .... Thanks though :eek:)
There are those of a cynical disposition that may conclude the only difference is the point at which the delay occurs. Not me though, never.

Hope it all gets sorted pronto - good luck.

Justthetip

Badgeman
The appointment went as follows:-

Eye/ears/throat examination
Eye test

I was in there all of 15 minutes.

15 minutes? seems a lot to get in !.

On the eye exam and eye test was it full snellen? ie looking in your eyes (i wear glasses and contacts is all i am asking for) my eyes are ok but obviously glasses and i can pass the snellen but just wanted to know if i can wear contacts or take the glasses !

lorna1204

Midshipman
15 minutes? seems a lot to get in !.

On the eye exam and eye test was it full snellen? ie looking in your eyes (i wear glasses and contacts is all i am asking for) my eyes are ok but obviously glasses and i can pass the snellen but just wanted to know if i can wear contacts or take the glasses !

I believe he medical letter says to remove contacts about 48 hours before. I think you need to take glasses with you though. It was a look in the eyes with the light and then letters on the other end of the room and read them like at the opticians.

Balls and below were nicely pressured without my asking. This is common check up in French examination centres. The doc who examined me also asked me to cough all while pressing on the scrotum.