My latest challenge!

I retired from competitive judo and just social judo due to too many injuries.

It was a stupid idea to try and play a sport like football that I am crap at anyways

At my physio now getting a verdict on when they think is should start to run again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let it get properly better. Your knees have got to last a long time and the older you get the longer the recovery time.

Physio has told me no running for another 4 weeks so that's defo the race off for me sadly. Live to run another day

Well been back running the last two days now and all appears well. I've not pushed it but showing good signs. Very happy chappy

So a race I should've run this weekend but couldn't due to the injury has been and gone. I was a CP crewie instead and had a good time helping others instead.

However having my place deferred means my big event next year is on at the same time as this one.

My plan now is to start the big run earlier so now I will be running my 7 day 291 mile ultra across Wales via the Black Mountains and the following day run the 64 Cornish Coastal path event. So 7 day ultra plus an extra ultra on top. Bonkers I know

So a race I should've run this weekend but couldn't due to the injury has been and gone. I was a CP crewie instead and had a good time helping others instead.

However having my place deferred means my big event next year is on at the same time as this one.

My plan now is to start the big run earlier so now I will be running my 7 day 291 mile ultra across Wales via the Black Mountains and the following day run the 64 Cornish Coastal path event. So 7 day ultra plus an extra ultra on top. Bonkers I know

Difficult to argue with your self assessment!

Thing is as much as it's bonkers it's the one thing that keeps me sane.

Tommo you and being sane in the same sentence! It just doesn't seem to fit? You should try for a new Olympic sport, raving nutters road run, anyone can enter, sanity not required, same distance as Iron Man without the Bike or swim, just run? It's just fun????????????????????

Rather it be off the road, road running sucks

Ask the long road race cyclist, they would agree with you for the Rio course?

edited in that case then
same distance as Iron Man without the Bike, swim or a road to run on, just run:D

So have a place in an event in Nov so all going well I get to run this one.

It's called Escape from Meriden any Midlanders should know the area. I and 99 others will have 24 hours to run as far in any direction we choose. Object is to cover the greatest distance by foot in 24 hours. We will be tracked but to go with the theme the distance is measure as the crow flies so no good running 70 miles if it only measures 30 as the crow flies. Looking forward to it!

So to confirm dates for next year as it stands

Start #YOLO7dayUltra on Fri 4th Aug 2017
Finish Thu 10th Aug 2017
Mudcrew's R.A.T "The Plague" 64 miles 11th/12th Aug 2017 (Deffered place from this year)

355 miles!

"If you're going to face a real challenge, it has to be a real challenge. You can't accomplish anything without the possibility of failure" Lazarus Lake (founder of the Barkley Marathons

Last big event of the year done during the weekend just gone.

Escape from Meriden

100 runners were given 24 hrs to run as far as they could in any direction to escape from the chasing crow. Distance would be measured as the crow flies not by the distance run.

We were tracked via GPS tracker.

I managed 73 miles in 22 hrs 41 mins where I reached the Gold Crow target of 60 miles as the crow flies. I was not able to reach the big black crow 90 miles as the crow flies (only 1 soloist and 1 pair managed it)

I came 26th out 80 soloists and and 34th out 100 entrants (inc pairs).

Pretty pleased as the field of entrants had some fantastic ultra runners and I had beaten some.

The start

8hrs 20 mins in to the race

How we all finished I was number 193

Blog to follow

well done, now put your feet up a have to rest☺
I was just thinking not seen a Tommo post for a while. This came about as I looked at my manky toe, and remembered my surgeon was an ultra distance runner, he said his toes nails fall off often after a long run?

well done, now put your feet up a have to rest
I was just thinking not seen a Tommo post for a while. This came about as I looked at my manky toe, and remembered my surgeon was an ultra distance runner, he said his toes nails fall off often after a long run?
Yeah I have a few negative toe nails lol

Been busy with various courses so not been around on here much

Latest Threads