My Grog Tub

D

Deleted 103788

It looks as if Frederick John Williams was a commissioned Jack Dusty so might well have acquired it along the way. He's listed at Victory in 1966 as his last draft.

Nijntje239

Midshipman
It looks as if Frederick John Williams was a commissioned Jack Dusty so might well have acquired it along the way. He's listed at Victory in 1966 as his last draft.
Sorry you lost me at Jack dusty, I'm not familiar with the terminology but yes, as I said he spent his later years on Victory. Went on to run a pub in St Agnes after that, the place was full of naval memorabilia and other shipwreck bits and bobs. I just found it really interesting as I kid but then there wasn't much else to do instead of talking to elderly drinking men!
I don't know what happened to all the other items, probably sold by the brewery when he left.

D

Deleted 103788

Up until 1956 Supply Officers, of which your father was one, were known as The White Mafia Mafia so far as the lower deck was concerned and white from the distinctive white insert alongside or between their gold lace.

Dusty70

War Hero
Jack Dusty is pusser for stores and supply wallah..
Quietly seething.................................................Us 'Supplies and Stores Wallahs' were particularly popular in the days as we dispensed everything (as well as our alta egos Caterers) and without us and the chefs the ships went nowhere

We were particularly popular up until 1970 as we dispensed the daily tot from said grog barrel - que lots of dits about very shiny brass drain covers in the galley leading to the engine room....apparently :cool:

Latest Threads