My Great-Grandad

slim

War Hero
The Argyle and Sutherlands. Met a few in Aden in 65, mad Mitche's boys. Now they were soldiers :thumright:

slim said:
The Argyle and Sutherlands. Met a few in Aden in 65, mad Mitche's boys. Now they were soldiers :thumright:
What ship ? I was in The Old Grey Ghost.

First time I'd ever seen a matelot (mobile tri-service patrol) with an smg .. :shock:

(still working on my family tree - but all my ancestors appear to have been jolly jacks)

slim

War Hero
whitemouse said:
slim said:
What ship ? I was in The Old Grey Ghost.

First time I'd ever seen a matelot (mobile tri-service patrol) with an smg .. :shock:

(still working on my family tree - but all my ancestors appear to have been jolly jacks)
Eagle, went to Adan a couple of times, real shit hole :toilet:

Should have gotten in with the Crabs - good bars, and good beach if you didn't take notice of the shark nets !!

Had a few good runs down the town though - but I was only 17 and still a baby really.

:)

Aden - same old game, dodgy 'rags' but at least they knew it was but a game. had some wierd rules tho' - practising for today? The dead were still dead mind!! that took the fun out of it!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Joint_Force_Harrier History 9
northern-matelot The Quarterdeck 25
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0