My Fitness!

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Chicogiz, Dec 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heres what ive been doing ( thought id write it down, tommo gave me idea from his marathon post ). Its been longer then twelve days and i can do more then ive been doing, i just need to fill in the Fitness book so been doing what they say.

The Other reason i picked to do this is because if i do pass out, after my navy career i plan to write a book ( Yes the book would make no sense cause my grammer etc ).

Day 1:

Done 20 mins on treadmill at 9.5mph.

Day 2:

Today was easy, but im still gonna do the order my book says. I done 10 press ups x3, 15 sit ups x3, 15 dorsal raise x3. So pretty easy.

Day 3:

Swimming. I went for a swim for 30 mins without touching sides. Today was really strange as i went swimming and i was the only one in the pool, with 5 lifeguards watching. I also saw some guys who where in my class on the way there.... there still sitting around thinking there hard smoking POT.

Day 4:

Day 5:

Another easy day today. 10 x 3 press ups, 10 x3 dorsal raise, 10 secs x 3 planks. Its easy but i have to follow the book. Its a little on 1st week but you can see it building the fitness up even if its little.

Day 6:

Today was hard actully. It was only a 20 mins run but i got a stitch at 3 mins! I got to 20 mins and mananged 3 miles! so good overall. I was running with music on ( earphones ) and miley cyrus kept me going HAHAHA. After 10 mins and turned the music off. Its starting to become fun now and i am keeping at it cause i wanna keep posting on here ( dunno y.... im sad ) it motivates you.

Day 7:

Wow im... whats the word? Well im barely holding myself up. My eyes are stinging with sweat going in them. Today i ran for 25 ( with warm up time which was walking) mins and did 3 miles, im really happy as i never slowed down, and it shows im getting fitter again. It was ment to be a swim day today but i fault i aint going i cant, no money. next time its a swim day i thought i duel the day with my run, i was gonna run 2 miles there and swim and run 2 miles back.

Day 8:

Day 9:

Worst day ever! I mean worst day ever, and it makes you wanna quit ( but not a quitter ). I only managed 10 mins and done 1.4miles. Ima punish myself now and do week 8 upper body training.

Day 10:

Day 11:

Day 12:

Was a 20 min planned run! Im really unhappy this week. Sounds mad but i was upset today. My muscle in my leg is all that stoppeed me! it stiffs up and im worried it may be compartment sydrome as i warm up the way they tell me. everytime i run it goes stiff! I could run all day if MY legs did not stiff up. Its probaly nothing to worry about, but ill get it checked.
  2. Delayed onset muscle soreness is a form of muscle pain, muscle soreness or muscle stiffness that is felt after exercise, particularly at the beginning of a new an exercise program, after a change in sports activities, or after a dramatic increase in the duration or intensity of exercise. This muscle pain is a normal response to unusual exertion and is part of an adaptation process that leads to greater stamina and strength as the muscles recover and build hypertrophy.

sports science came in handy for once. :lol:
  3. Ive been running alot longer then twelve days. Ive also actully doing less then im normally doing, so that may be the problem. The reason im doing less is i have 2 months to training and have to fill the fittness book they give 8 weeks before training.
  4. Miley Cyrus, please tell me you'r kidding 8o
  5. Yeah, im not kidding.
  6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Good lad, rehab is for quitters.

What do you do once you get a sweat on? :p
  7. This obviously didn't go to plan then :lol:
  8. From what I read here he only did 12 days of the fitness plan 8O
  9. Oh lordy! 8O
  10. Is that what is classed as a fitness plan nowadays ?? Well no wonder people worry about their fitness when joing the Navy.
  11. I like his first claim of running at 9.5 mph for 20 minutes on the treadmill. Horrible little liar; I bet it was kph.
  12. Correct me if im wrong but from day 1 to day 7 it only works out just over two hours of excercise. I like day two and day five the best, that only has to be no more than minutes and thats being very kind.

From the amount of gobbing of he has been doing on here i thought he was of resonable fitness. Obviously not by the look of his training regime.
  13. I think that first week is from the Royal Navy pre-joining fitness program. An easy, but useful start to people with no base-line fitness. I think Chico completed the first week and thought that he didn't need to do the rest of the 12 weeks (or whatever it is)!
  14. You are assuming he is a normal reasonable person...he's not..he's a gobby little chav twat...If he wasn't bullied at school everyday, he fukcing well should have been.
  15. Anyone who goes running to Miley Cyrus deserves to get bullied at school.
  16. Anyone that goes running to who the **** is Miley Cyrus should be shot in the legs then beaten with blunt instruments every hour on the hour till he dies a very brutal death.