my findings after having been on a royal navy ship

dantae

Midshipman
ok i have learnt lots about the many branches in the navy in this trip here goes

medical assistant: these people have loads and i mean loads of responsibality on board a they are a jack of all traits and qualified in none in his own words having to treat things from the common flu to proforming surgery on board how ever you will not get qualifications to practice medicean outside unless you want to go medical school from within the navy which as i understand it can be done but you will be expected to give the time back to the navy as a doctor in what ever field also this is a good branch if you wanted to work with the royal marines but not as infintryman i also imagine many other arms of the forces would also not refuse a medic who wants to work with them

warfare: all i know is it involves computers and radar i pritty much shut off at this point having no intrest in computers what so ever

sea spec: a good hard working branch that deal with many matters of seamanship you will get to use many diffrent wepons on the upper deck minigun, gimpy, ect as well as drive the ribs aparently this branch is undermaned and there will be one very dead careers officer when i get back after the commisoned seaman specialist gets through with him apperntly he is 50% short of hands

all in all a very good couple of day's it brought home however a few very sobering truths mainly it would be best considering my scores and the opportunites to work with the marines or any tri service infintry units for that matter which are praticaly non exsistent it would be better i kept focusing on trying to get in the marine core or royal artelliary and taking what ever route from there. Once agian thank you HMS NORTHUMBERLAND if any of you are sober enough to read this (there was a bear ban due to unpaid bar tabs so when they got into london i would guess they all went on the piss)
 

silverfox

War Hero
Moderator
Book Reviewer
Sounds like you had a good time, your unbiased views are interesting.

I wish you the best of luck for whichever way your future career takes you.
 
dantae said:
unless you want to go medical school from within the navy which as i understand it can be done but you will be expected to give the time back to the navy as a doctor
This is a common and long-standing myth. The RN will not send anyone to Medical School. Medical students already at university can join as Medical Cadets (Surgeon Sub Lieutenants) when they start their clinical training. On qualifying, they then have to serve as MOs (Surgeon Lieutenants) for 5 years. (Unless the rules have changed recently.)
 

Jimmy_Green

War Hero
Dantae, whilst you were onboard you should have visited the stores office and asked the CPO(SA) for a box of full stops and capital letters.
 

the_matelot

War Hero
Moderator
dantae said:
ok i have learnt lots about the many branches in the navy in this trip here goes

medical assistant: these people have loads and i mean loads of responsibality on board a they are a jack of all traits and qualified in none in his own words having to treat things from the common flu to proforming surgery on board how ever you will not get qualifications to practice medicean outside unless you want to go medical school from within the navy which as i understand it can be done but you will be expected to give the time back to the navy as a doctor in what ever field also this is a good branch if you wanted to work with the royal marines but not as infintryman i also imagine many other arms of the forces would also not refuse a medic who wants to work with them

warfare: all i know is it involves computers and radar i pritty much shut off at this point having no intrest in computers what so ever

sea spec: a good hard working branch that deal with many matters of seamanship you will get to use many diffrent wepons on the upper deck minigun, gimpy, ect as well as drive the ribs aparently this branch is undermaned and there will be one very dead careers officer when i get back after the commisoned seaman specialist gets through with him apperntly he is 50% short of hands

all in all a very good couple of day's it brought home however a few very sobering truths mainly it would be best considering my scores and the opportunites to work with the marines or any tri service infintry units for that matter which are praticaly non exsistent it would be better i kept focusing on trying to get in the marine core or royal artelliary and taking what ever route from there. Once agian thank you HMS NORTHUMBERLAND if any of you are sober enough to read this (there was a bear ban due to unpaid bar tabs so when they got into london i would guess they all went on the piss)
Aye, those polar bears know how to drink like crazy, don't they??

Top tip though Dantae,

Learn to spell and use grammar. Are you a 5 year old?
 

Karma

War Hero
Dantae

Glad you had a good trip and you got the chance to talk to various people and get an idea of what the various branches do on board. All the best with whichever route you choose to take.

I know it's been mentioned before but I'd reiterate the point about improving your written english, once you're in you'll find your career seriously limited if you don't sort out speeling and punctuation.
 

Jimmy_Green

War Hero
Karma said:
Dantae

Glad you had a good trip and you got the chance to talk to various people and get an idea of what the various branches do on board. All the best with whichever route you choose to take.

I know it's been mentioned before but I'd reiterate the point about improving your written english, once you're in you'll find your career seriously limited if you don't sort out speeling and punctuation.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
 

Karma

War Hero
Jimmy_Green said:
Karma said:
Dantae

Glad you had a good trip and you got the chance to talk to various people and get an idea of what the various branches do on board. All the best with whichever route you choose to take.

I know it's been mentioned before but I'd reiterate the point about improving your written english, once you're in you'll find your career seriously limited if you don't sort out speeling and punctuation.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hackish
 

UncleAlbert

War Hero
Now Dantae you’ve been her awile
you want tojoin the mob
and though you post a lotta stuff
you don`t shoot off yur gob,
Yu set a good exampel
and never get the huff.
with maybe praps a rare mistake
wen you rite yore stuff

yore postings sometimes make. us smile,
and sometimes start a fight,
then you quickly disapeer
and we bash on all nite.
Do you get yore spelling rite?
I think Its fare to say
yore punctuation `s reedable,
In a Dantae sort of way.

Some say the odd word is mispelt ?
and not as it should be.
where the fcuk dus that cum from.

It lucks all rite to me.

…………
 

Bergen

ADC
UncleAlbert said:
Now Dantae you’ve been her awile
you want tojoin the mob
and though you post a lotta stuff
you don`t shoot off yur gob,
Yu set a good exampel
and never get the huff.
with maybe praps a rare mistake
wen you rite yore stuff

yore postings sometimes make. us smile,
and sometimes start a fight,
then you quickly disapeer
and we bash on all nite.
Do you get yore spelling rite?
I think Its fare to say
yore punctuation `s reedable,
In a Dantae sort of way.

Some say the odd word is mispelt ?
and not as it should be.
where the fcuk dus that cum from.

It lucks all rite to me.

…………

Outstanding Uncle A

And written in Iambic Pentameter too.

RM
 

Jimmy_Green

War Hero
UncleAlbert said:
Now Dantae you’ve been her awile
you want tojoin the mob
and though you post a lotta stuff
you don`t shoot off yur gob,
Yu set a good exampel
and never get the huff.
with maybe praps a rare mistake
wen you rite yore stuff

yore postings sometimes make. us smile,
and sometimes start a fight,
then you quickly disapeer
and we bash on all nite.
Do you get yore spelling rite?
I think Its fare to say
yore punctuation `s reedable,
In a Dantae sort of way.

Some say the odd word is mispelt ?
and not as it should be.
where the fcuk dus that cum from.

It lucks all rite to me.

…………
nise wun unkel owbutt :)
 

dantae

Midshipman
as i have said before when i can find the time i will go to night school i dont know how my spelling got this bad but clearley something has to be done about it and i was mearly repeating what the medic on board told me but if he is not qualified in anything who trains him and for how long?
"Sounds like you had a good time, your unbiased views are interesting"
yes i had a great time and i am always unbiased and just say things as i see them(thos some times it has always caused me great grief
 

PAVEWAY_3

Badgeman
Well mate you appear to be to thick too get in the Navy. I am in the army and I think you would struggle in my unit. Try the Royal Logistic Corps they will have a place for you as a driver/storeman.In the mean time understand what banter is and stick around on Rum Ration








that will teach me for taking the piss.edited due to a spelling mistake....
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Largest home antibody testing programme for COVID-19 publishes findings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GCA welcomes findings of second statutory review MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Largest testing programme for coronavirus publishes its initial findings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA revises provisional findings in Amazon/Deliveroo case MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Provisional findings published in radio merger inquiry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Provisional Findings published in LN-Gaiety/MCD merger inquiry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Parole Board welcomes findings from MoJ review, including the introduction of a reconsideration mechanism MoD News 0
S BOI findings...HMS Tireless UI fire in a SCOG Submariners 1
MoD_RSS The importance of having a lawyer for a parole review - CEO blog MoD News 0
Knotty Help with having stopped smoking Nearest & Dearest 6
klgreload Having no GCSE certificates for Raleigh Joining the Royal Navy 6
S First time having rash/ dermatitis Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
BigD1980 Incorrect Pension payments and Veterans Agency having none of it !! Finance & Pensions 8
S Medical board chances of being discharged after just having an op Blogs 1
D Will having engineering quals prior to joining, fast-track my career in the RN? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
muskovardo Dad having type 2 diabetes - Will this affect me in my medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
Chaz Oops - Three Jan dockies will think about having kids! Submariners 7
FNUSNU Las Vegas women arrested for having sec with dog. The Gash Barge 15
SONAR-BENDER She's only 29, but is never having sex again. Diamond Lil's 47
scouse Diamond Jubilee Pageant.... I'm having some of that!! History 2
scouse The Rear Admiral is having a Senior Moment Current Affairs 24
J has anyone had to recently re do their phsycometric test after having.... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
Scouse_Castaway Permission to process- Having a few problems Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
B having a girlfriend while in the navy Nearest & Dearest 57
soleil Times:"RN image suffers from having to operate over horizon" The Fleet 0
jesse Rum Ration is having a strange effect on me! Diamond Lil's 1
labrum Is Brown having a laugh? Current Affairs 3
NotmeChief Are the Swiss having second thought about Polanski Current Affairs 2
B HAVING CANCER IS BRILLIANT Current Affairs 20
Ninja_Stoker You're having a giraffe Site Issues 9
sussex2 The danger of having a shaggy bush... The Gash Barge 15
R Man jailed for having sex with a horse Diamond Lil's 38
1ManRiot Thinking about having another go... need some advice RMR 18
N ONLY 6 T45s - ARE THEY HAVING A LAUGH? The Fleet 100
S Will having a cataract operation exclude me from the marines The Corps 12
rod-gearing Excuses for not having sex Diamond Lil's 59
W Anyone having a go at the RN Duathlon, 2 Apr 08 Sports and Adventure Training 3
wet_blobby bored, having a fag Diamond Lil's 3
Penstar Having trouble getting paid correctly? The Corps 11
golden_rivet holiday pics - just testing - having probs uploading photos The Gash Barge 9
H True ER Stories....and you thought you were having a bad day Diamond Lil's 9
chinamatelot Red Caps - having fun! Diamond Lil's 14
nutty_bag Nutty_bags having a mare!! Site Issues 4
J Joining the navy after having had Asthma Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
The_Caretaker was having a chat with someone the other day about that Da Diamond Lil's 6
MoD_RSS Report looking at how hateful extremists have been exploiting the current pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS RAF Fighter Jets, Surveillance and Refuelling aircraft have been in action across Europe this week in support of NATO allies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Issues with our services have been resolved MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over 21 million pieces of protective equipment have been shipped to the UK from China MoD News 0
J Prnc Mod Caldonia 11th May Has been cancelled Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Similar threads


















































Latest Threads

Top