My fella has just started his basic training

Mad-Mick

Im actually a 22yr green job, thus, this is a bit of a learning curve for me, but a lad who use to share the house is at Raleigh as we type, (unless his training has extended to AWOL) and he has been back-squadded (oh, sorry, back-classed) because of poor weapon handling. I know him and it has to be for kit but he won't fess up to it. So Im just perusing to check out the lie of the land and to see if the Navy will be able to sort his verbal diahorrea problem as well as his hygene. Ta. Mick.

Polto

War Hero
Mad-Mick said:
Im actually a 22yr green job, thus, this is a bit of a learning curve for me, but a lad who use to share the house is at Raleigh as we type, (unless his training has extended to AWOL) and he has been back-squadded (oh, sorry, back-classed) because of poor weapon handling. I know him and it has to be for kit but he won't fess up to it. So Im just perusing to check out the lie of the land and to see if the Navy will be able to sort his verbal diahorrea problem as well as his hygene. Ta. Mick.
8O Holy thread ressurection Batman!! :batman:

danny

War Hero
Hi. Im pritty sure if you give birth while hes in basic training they will just training extend him and give him some compasionate leave. Bassically move him in to the class the week behind him. (at least i would have thaught that what they will do)
As for travel 4 journeys a year paid for by pusser. But thats only for the first 3 years. This can be converted in to petrol money if he has his own car.
And you can buy a rail car in phase 2. They cost about £15 and last a year. They save you around a third. So most people make a profit after there first trip.

Mad-Mick

Bollocks, used search engine to find info i wanted and failed to notice last entry date. Dead threads should be killed after 6 months. Plus I was "new page".

Polto

War Hero
Mad-Mick said:
I just KNEW it would only take seconds for someone to bite!!

I'm uncertain as to why you have posted your question on an old thread. Normally, people (particularly new ones) start their own thread. When it's a new subject it is always a good idea to start a new thread.

So then, your question.

It is unclear whether you are 22 years old...or have been in the army for 22 years.

It would seem as though you already have the answer - he was 'training extended' (back classed/back squadded) for failing his weapons handling element of the course. I don't know why you seem to think it was for something else?

Mad-Mick

Ok, 22 yr is self explanitory, will not cover that, and the lad has/had a serious hygiene problem which I had persecuted him about for about 9 months so I saw that as his main weakness.

Polto

War Hero
Mad-Mick said:
Ok, 22 yr is self explanitory, will not cover that, and the lad has/had a serious hygiene problem which I had persecuted him about for about 9 months so I saw that as his main weakness.

The trainees can't get away with having hygiene problems in Phase One - they're under the microscope 'big time'. Persecution isn't necessarily the best way of resolving a problem.
The 22yr thing is clearly self explanatory to you as you are the one mentioning it, but when reading it it still remains unclear to some body who doesn't know who you are or what your situation is. You raised a discussion about it by posting the fact - I'm just seeking clarification so I can better understand the angle you are coming from.

Polto

War Hero
Mad-Mick said:
some stuff... Dead threads should be killed after 6 months... more stuff".

Why? Lots of threads are a mine of info and can often be referred to when people pose questions that are raised frequently...