Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

My Damn Ships Buscuits! I mean Cookies!

OK - I think I spoke to bad CO via my e-mail account about this! I have managed to get on here, despite my cookies telling me that I couldn't, by joining ARRSE then joining Rum Ration.

Now I have joined, unless I log on via the e-mail you have sent me to activate my account, it tells my my cookies won't allow me to login as I haven't got them on "except" - which I have.

So will I have to log on via the link you sent me everytime - or am I doing something incredibly silly?

MightyCrash said:
OK - I think I spoke to bad CO via my e-mail account about this! I have managed to get on here, despite my cookies telling me that I couldn't, by joining ARRSE then joining Rum Ration.

Now I have joined, unless I log on via the e-mail you have sent me to activate my account, it tells my my cookies won't allow me to login as I haven't got them on "except" - which I have.

So will I have to log on via the link you sent me everytime - or am I doing something incredibly silly?

It might be worth checking your security settings, both in your browser and your firewall (if you are using one).

One other idea, which I can hopefully rule out - what happens when you type the url into the address bar? Will it let you browse the site as an Anonymous user? Do you only get this problem once you try to log in? If you are getting error messages, can you take a screen capture and send it to me (or post it in here, if you can)?

Ghostie

Got it!!!!

If I go to www.rumration.com it looks like exactly the same site but will not log me in. If I however go to www.rumration.co.uk it is fine.

Might be a good one for other users on the help page.

Many Thanks for all your help though and good luck for the site - am passing the news through Gibraltar as we speak!!

CRASH

MightyCrash said:
Got it!!!!

If I go to www.rumration.com it looks like exactly the same site but will not log me in. If I however go to www.rumration.co.uk it is fine.

Might be a good one for other users on the help page.

Many Thanks for all your help though and good luck for the site - am passing the news through Gibraltar as we speak!!

CRASH

Thanks for identifying that, Crash. I'll pass it on to the site admins and see if there is any reason why it doesn't work...

Ghost

Latest Threads