my boys passing out parade....

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Chegz, Mar 25, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is this coming friday!!
    Really looking forward to it, exited to see my son and cannot stop filling up with pride everytime I think about it, and a huge massive bonus is I get to see him on mothers day :)

Xcx

• Like Like x 4
  2. Don't get too excited just yet, it's only Tuesday.

He could still fail.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Happy thoughts!

• Like Like x 1
  4. 2-d-d is only winding you up. Im sure your son will be the next Nelson.Enjoy the day.:pirate::thumbleft:

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Whilst technically correct, and defeat is still achievable, I think 2DD is confusing the disaster of his coming out parade in Rio when he had a starboard stilleto blow-out, with his passing out parade in which he didn't mince quite as much.

• Like Like x 3
  6. See you there Cheqz. I,ll be amongst the AHA Veterans invited to the parade.
    Incidentally, my passing out parade (as it was then) same place, was 52 years ago...........

7. Thanks all :)

Crashcrew....look out for an emotional purple shaven headed woman and a tall man In a suit lol, I'm seriously seriously exited today, we set off at 6pm as its a good long drive from where we are :) :) :) xcz

8. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You make yourself sound like an evil minion with Gru....

Have a fab day!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Setting off today for Friday's passing out parade - what are you driving, a Hay Wain XRi ?

• Like Like x 1
  10. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

11. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Probably a Mercedes!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. It's about an 8 hr drive, my fella is disabled ( army accident) so can't sit for long in a car, and we might as well make a good few days away lol, there's Me my Fella, my man Dad and brother and Evans Dad and his GF going, family outing haha x

I'm laughing at the purple minion bit haha, more like a shaven purple headed crazy tattood woman who will be tears flowing a plenty :)
    Xcx

13. exJenny

I'll keep an eye out for you :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Ah right, gotcha.

That makes me feel really good about taking the mickey, thanks.:(

• Like Like x 1
  15. Its the best day ever, make the most of it . Its is second only to the first homecoming from deployment , actually it might even beat that .

Make sure he passes commander T's rounds and dont be a doughnut like my one who failed and got backclassed 4 weeks for a damp shirt making it 3 strikes (stuipd cow). We didnt even know until Thursday if she was going to be kicked out or not , one day before passing out lol. Not funny at the time of course. Made the passing out 4 weeks later even better though I guess.

Good luck have a great day.

16. Don't worry I take the piss all the time out of him, :) basically from day one I told him I wouldn't pity or give sympathy to him and I definitely wouldn't pamper round him, which is exactly how he likes it, he walks with a stick and when he wobbles a bit I tell him that if he falls I'll be the first to laugh, then sit in the floor with him so we both look silly lol, life's too short to take it all too serious :)
    It's lightened him up a lot about it, and shown him it's not all doom n gloom, :) :)

• Like Like x 4
  17. exJenny

He's useful for supermarket parking spaces.

That's why I'm happy to shop with my mum still ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Parking spaces are great haha :) in fact he is great full stop :) since meeting him it's made me realize like is too short and that you can fall down 7 Times and get up 8, Evan and him get on fantastic cos max used to sit and tell him all about his army days, and put Evans mind at ease on a lot of stuff x xcx

19. After all the folderol of Passing Out Divisions and the family dinner, have a look around Plymouth/ Cornwall. There are lots of good places to see and enjoy - make the most of it. Chances are your lad will be spending a lot of his time there, so it's good to get an idea of where he will be around.

All the best for Friday.

20. I spent many a childhood holiday in Cornwall it's a llovely place :) I've only ever been to Plymouth once, my cousin lived there cos her husband is in the navy, she took me for a night out...ended up in jokers (?) think that's the name....never again lol, I got lost as it was closing, she went one way for a taxi and I wandered off looking for her, ended up crying to a police van, taken to the police station, and as I didn't know the address where she lived, had to phone home ( Cumbria) to get the address and a taxi to take me to her house haha the taxi driver asked me where I was from and when I said, he asked if I knew a fella who was a pub bouncer ( famous round here) and I started crying again lmao xcx