my back

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Lynx101, May 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I am a bit owrried about my back. I have just completed my interview and next stage is FAT's etc. I don't know whether its a problem or not, but my lower back is sort of curvy. Its like if you look at me from a side on view it sorted of goes inwards a bit, which pushes my stomach out, if you know what I mean. Sort of like an S shape. Its not severe and no one has noticed until I pointed it out. Do you think its anything to be worried about?
  2. Thats what I look like! Thanks mate, was starting to get a bit worried, i knew of a mate who had curvature of the spine which he didn't know about, but i think thats sort of a sideways bend isn't it?
  3. That's right - scoliosis is a left-right bend, which is different!
  4. Seek advise from a chiropractor as to whether your back is within normal limts. Then speak to your ACLO and consult the CAAMB at Sultan for their opinion (they will be doing you medical post AIB.
  5. Thanks guys for the quick advice! Much appreciated!
  6. At the risk of repeating myself, don't see a chiropractor. There is nothing wrong with you. Don't see your GP either, or an orthopaedic surgeon, or a spinal surgeon, or a witch doctor. Don't even phone NHS Direct.

This isn't going to be an anti-chiropractor rant, but a common sense rant. Chiropractics are self-empoloyed. If you go to a chiropractor and ask if your back is straight is he/she going to:

1. Say that all's well and that no treatment is necessary, or...

2. Say that it's slightly off-centre (even though it's not causing any problems at all) and offer you several treatments, all of which cost you money.

No brainer.
  7. lol, i'll take your word for it! I wasn't planning on seeing anyone about it incase it might stop me getting in, having said that if it was anything significant then the medical would stop it.
  8. Exactly.
  9. I would be more worried why your knob wont lie down properly! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: