My Application

Sh899y

Midshipman
Seeing as there are a number of these I'll start my own as opposed to posting snippets in various threads.

End of March I applied online and was then invited to book a Psychometric test less than a week later. Sat said test earlier this week and passed. I've applied to be a Writer in the Submarines. I'll be honest with regards to the test I done the one that was given on the portal and found it relatively easy. Do not fall into the same trap. On the day, in written form and given the question bank is very old it was a whole different kettle of fish. I would suggest you print practice papers off and do it against the clock. Given I'm a bit more mature (was asked if I was 50 by the bloke who conducted the post test brief) it maybe helped.

Went and had my eyes tested two days after I passed (first time in 11 years I was told) and swiftly went back to my AFCO to hand deliver all my medical documents along with a letter containing my NHS number as I did not have this on me the day of the test.

On that note the one piece of advice I would give is not to panic if you don't have certain documents. I didn't have photo ID or my NHS number (joys of not being ill enough I suppose) but had the opportunity to provide these at a later date. If you do not have anything with an NHS number just call into your practice and they can give you something with it on. Also I didn't have my eyes tested at a Boots, so again don't see the form an feel like that is mandatory.

Waiting for my next lot of correspondence now.

Sh899y

Midshipman
Just had a text and an email (in my inbox not my spam) arranging my triage phonecall for this week. Should I be worried I'm having a phonecall or is it common practice? AFCO said I may or may not have a phonecall. Just put a bit of concern in the back of my mind.

OddPot

Midshipman
Just had a text and an email (in my inbox not my spam) arranging my triage phonecall for this week. Should I be worried I'm having a phonecall or is it common practice? AFCO said I may or may not have a phonecall. Just put a bit of concern in the back of my mind.
That is normal. You will go through your medical form you filled out and sent to your AFCO.

Hvrry

Midshipman
Haha, I had a right problem getting my GP to send documents to Capita. The medical is fairly simple I very much doubt you could fail anything 'within' the medical itself. As long as you've not hurt yourself badly recently, you should be fine :)

Sh899y

Midshipman
Haha, I had a right problem getting my GP to send documents to Capita. The medical is fairly simple I very much doubt you could fail anything 'within' the medical itself. As long as you've not hurt yourself badly recently, you should be fine :)

Cheers. How did you resolve that issue? Is it a case of others have said of just going to your GP and persisting until they do?

Latest Threads