My 100 mile training blogs

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by tommo, Sep 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all

To save having to copy and paste blogs on difference sites, I've created a proper blog. Found blogging a useful tool in previous trainings, so doing it again. I know some on here have been interested in the past.

Here is the link to my latest, the others I've done are still available to read if you click on them on the side panel.

Ultra Training: Keeping Motivated

Hope people enjoy following this journey towards my next challenge.

Who knows young thrusters may find it useful towards their fitness for joining up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Keep us posted always enjoyable to read them Tommo

3. Thank you Trelawney nice to have feedback :)

Every turn of the shaft is a new adventure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Couldn't reply on your blog site, but a few pictures of some naked tottie encountered on your runs would be appreciated, as opposed to a street view in Corfu. But nevertheless an enjoyable read

5. Tommo you have inspired me to start a blog on my journey to join the RNR it will be predominately about my fitness

My Journey in naval life

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  6. Trelawney if there is nay naked tottie about on my runs I will endevour to get some pics for you.Sarah all the best with joining the RNR.I hope people who read my blog find some of the training useful for them selves. Thanks all those who read it. I'm currently getting quite a few readers in America at the moment.Hopefully once back from this trip I will blog more often especially when the hard training comes in next month

7. '
    '
    BZ Tommo,

You have indeed taken Jack's term 'a run ashore' to new heights, especially that twicer up the Rock.:clap::clap:

:idea: Perhaps if you slowed down near the bazaars you could get yourself an occasional :albino: run in as well?

8. Cheers BOOTWUI have sampled a few of the local waterholes during my times ashore don't worry.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I think I heard on the news they are after 3500 to do the gib rock to try and raise £1M for booty charity?
    Last time I did the rock was in the 70's so count me out

Edited; just read your rock blogg your nuts, I did it once, it took me 45 mins, there again prop fowards where never known for speed.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  10. I agree I am nuts

11. Final blog of the year! Thank you those who have been supportive over the year, those who have donated when I raised money. Over the years running I've raised near on £6,000 towards various military charities and as you will have read I have run this year a total of 1722 miles.

Again thank you

Ultra Training: End of 2012

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tommo
    I've just spent some time reading your blog entries, they are absolute nails, mucker. I now have absolutely no excuse for not getting my sad carcass to the gym and at least giving the treadmill a pounding.

Thanks for getting me off my lazy arse mate, and all the best for 2013.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thank you for your kind words Clomel