Mutley says, "Gimme, gimme, gimme medal"

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Pontius, Apr 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Surely you'd earn much more kudos by wearing a McDonald's gold star..?! :shock:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Right, so I've had a quick look through and reckon there's at least 10 that I could send off for, assuming that I can save up the £1000 required (naturally I would want the personalised presentation case for each and the engraving) when and where can they be worn?
  3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Fuck me sweet Jesus.

Fair play though Pontius, you must have balls of steel, I couldn't do that. that's a "walt to far" for me. I'd rather pretend to be an ex Chef, I think I'd get less shit.
  4. Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

24/7, first trap on the left.

Blobbs, you dropped this mate;

6. My old man was a National Serviceman, RN dabber and bought about 4 off that site as he reckoned he was "entitled" although there was a tenous link to 3 of them. He told me they were heirlooms for me, didn't have the heart to tell him they were worthless crap and I'd rather gargle battery acid than have them.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Perhaps you should apply for the Cold War medal. Looks a bit more colourful, and you'd qualify if you took more than one cold shower on any war canoe over a period of three years.

Cold War Medal for Sale | British Forces Germany Medal Application

8. Not saying anything along those lines was the right thing to do, WreckerL (in my personal opinion).
  9. He was dead chuffed with them TBH Sol, showed them off to everyone who went to his house. If I was that way inclined I could treat myself to the International Submariners medal and the Cold War medal. I'd buy one if it was the "Stuck under the ice for 3 months at a time bored shitless" medal, not sure what the ribbon colour would be.
  10. Belay my last pipe. I was in the newsagent this afternoon and saw an 'I am 10' badge. I thought this was just as good, if not better, than the Crab medal and decided to get it, rather than be reminded of the joys of training with the RAC. I tried for the McDonald's star but made the mistake of spelling my name correctly on the application form, so I wasn't allowed to play.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. A tasteful shade of brown, perhaps.
  12. At last years Remembrance parade at the Cenotaph, I noticed that two lads in our SAMA82 platoon were wearing that Cold War Medal along with another ribbon I did not recognize - sad twats. They were both ex matelots as well.
  13. That is the only medal I would be eligible for, will not buy one though as I already have my Theakstons medal.
    • Like Like x 1

14. Cooks not doubt.
  15. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I wear my Nijmegen medal with pride. One of these Army medals will look great next to it. Fucking hero me.
  16. reckon I qualify for that by just being married the first time !!!

17. Me I'd apply for the biggest whingeing cnuts medal with rosette and clasp
  18. It's in the post ;-P
  19. Edited to add Love you,