Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by hangarat, Sep 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In the mess square one day(Invince, Handlers mess, 93/94) and was spun a dit by the resident clubswinger about the time he joined his first ship as a baby stoker.'i think it was the Nottingham'.
    Anyways,something happened and as clubz said all the stokers'downed hatch' and locked them selves in the mess.
    As he was the new boy,he went to say something but was told to 'Sit down and shut the f**k up' by the LHOM.
    This has been verified to me by an ex officer who was on the ship at the time,but my questions are,
    1. What really happened.
    2. what caused it.
    3. What happened to the lads as a result.

Anyone ever hear of this, or knew some one who was there.
    Would like to know as its been bugging me for years.
    Cheers ,Hangers.
  2. Perhaps you should look at the previous discussion before you go any further. That is unless you are a Jouno looking for a story. Link below

Now we have two threads running on what is a delicate subject perhaps they should be combined or the original returned to where it belonged ASAP

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hangarat: Been discussed before. An incident did occur but it was on a different ship for many different reasons. Do some research in the RR archives, or PM me.

But do not post queries like this in the public domain; it just invites all sorts of atention... :roll:
  5. Thanks sgt, by the way am also a d210 ,oct,86.
  6. Back again Norman? =|
  7. sgtpepperband

Hmm, took you 12 hours to search through my previous posts to find that information..?!

As I said, if you're gonna be a troll, PM me. I'm not going to enter into a public conversation about this subject.

8. Not eh Notting ham.She was my first ship before I saw the light and went Submarine service. I was on her for 2 years.Not a happy ship to be honest but no mutiny on her between 88-90.
  9. I installed Phalanx on Nottingham, however for some queer reason she became known to the rest of the fleet as the Noshingham.
  10. Slim you got it mate, the skipper was relieved of his command whilst alongside in Chile due to an incident with a young memeber of the ships company during a trip down south around 88. When I was on her its nickname was the ''Bottingham'' .Say no more.
  11. As an ex Notty, alongside at Vospers until after her first trip down south (Group Kilo) I was rather amused to hear the story of the Skippers train set resufacing..............until that incident we were always known as the "Grotty Notty" :afro:
  12. Goodbye Norman...............Chieftiff
  13. I was informed that the captain was appointed to HMS Raleigh after leaving the Nottingham. Was this info correct? If it was it certainly seems a case of bending over backwards to help him in his hour of need :thumright:
  14. RR being career minded? Rocking boats?
    My pension? Quiet Life!
  15. Surely bending over forwards would be more appropriate.
  16. sgtpepperband

Welcome back Norman... :roll: