Must be worth watching

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by finknottle, Feb 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. (Secret NHS Diaries) Channel 4 tonight Dispatches:

3 people are given cameras to record the final weeks of their lives, at home, incare and hospital following the ombudsmans damning report.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  2. Oooh I wonder which dam will be featured. I assume they will be focusing on the engineering aspect of building a dam and the challenges they face along the way.

3. It's good to know that the spelling monitors are ever vigilant.

4. Sorry I just can't stand people that use "damning" to make a point. They are usually the same people who turn up to meetings and announce that, we should all think outside the box to make themselves feel important.

5. Well I am sorry that you dislike my choice of adjective. I used to turn up at meetings and say feck all, I just went along for the tea and hobnobs.^_~

6. Ermm, what a curious and macabre subject for a fly-on the wall/reality TV show: D-I-Y 'Snuff Movies', whatever next?

Guess it takes all sorts - I'll pass but do enjoy, Finks :wink:

PS Don't forget your Knitting!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011

7. One day it could be you or yours being abused in their dotage and that possibility might make it worth you reconsidering your decision.

However if you do still choose to take a rain check I am sure you will be able to view an in-depth evaluation on here tomorrow.

8. is it not about dam's? I aint watching then.

9. I work in different care homes/hospitals as part of my job and some of the homes/wards are horrible!

10. Finks,

I take your point that perrhaps their video'd evidence of any abuse (if it should happen to them) would be critical in an investigation. It may even act as a deterrent to others less caring, carers.

The alternative, all those treated with care and compassion during their final days, would attract neither viewers nor advertisers, would it now?

View on, I'll skip it and just skeg your evaluations tomorrow.