Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

muslims upset?

percey99 said:
I am disgusted that mostly SAILORS are using these terrible phrases about fellow english people , We are all suppose to stick together ????

Ratzinger's British? I hope not. Ratzinger who alledges he was "forced" to volunteer for the Hitlerjugend unlike some of his classmates who refused - and nothing happened to them!

I agree broadly with your objection to referring to Muslims as "ragheads" though. It's as bad as calling the English: Sassanachs, the Scots: Jocks, the Irish: Tinkers, the Welsh: sheepshaggers and Italians: cowards. Having said all that I AM a quarter sassanach-quarter sheepshagger half coward and wholly shirtlifter! :lol:

Dear Perce,
This is Diamond Lils, say what like about anything you want, if you`re not a wind up person, and you dont like what you read in here, the answer my friend is simple, fcuk off, go start another thread somewhere.

Why is everyone sooo Fcuking fragile these days....what with people bursting into tears on X Factor 'cos their life long dream of being a pop singer (and they are only 16) comes to nothing 'cos they are crap!!....Boolo friggin hoo!

I remember my first time in a messdeck, you developed a thick skin, and it was human nature to take the piss over differences....and it could be brutal at times....but they would always have your back!

Most people who get offended by comments on this site tend to take offence on behalf of someone else. May in an attempt to be PC....personally i prefer people to say what they think and if they can be creative with language (a skill that most Matelots have in abundance)...then all the better..

Rant ends!

To paraphrase Marx, Groucho I think:-

Shirtlifters of the World Unite!
Sheepshaggers of the World Unite!
Eyeties of the World Unite!
Pongos of the World Unite!
PCs of the World Unite and last but not least...
Matelots of Diamond Lil's Unite... but what as I don't know :roll:

The Press have a lot to answer for, but in the main I'm with Imom on this.
Who gave these PC cretins the right to be offended on someone elses behalf, anyway?

Muslims. No sense of humour.

Loved the "effigy" of the pope being burned; FFS, they could at least have spent some time and effort making look like him! Poor show.
Looking forward to Ratzi the Nazi's next speech - Moohamed Married a Nine Year old, the Dirty Paedo.

Oh how the religious types stick together, the islam crowd, not to be outdone by the Pope, torched 2 christian churches on the west bank today.

fullasternboth said:
Same old problem, English and British meaning one and the same thing south of the border.

British can be any one obtaining an English residency. English are those who hail from ENGLAND, born and bred in the cold, small, unadulterated country.

British is a term used for half of the world living in England, any one living there for the period of time needed to, so that they may retain a residency. British include Scotland and Wales. So using the term 'English' is a separate meaning to British.

I am too confused now.

Jenny_Dabber said:
fullasternboth said:
Same old problem, English and British meaning one and the same thing south of the border.

British can be any one obtaining an English residency. English are those who hail from ENGLAND, born and bred in the cold, small, unadulterated country.

British is a term used for half of the world living in England, any one living there for the period of time needed to, so that they may retain a residency. British include Scotland and Wales. So using the term 'English' is a separate meaning to British.

I am too confused now.
Jenny, I do so like it when you jump in with both divers boots. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I do believe you were trying to explain indigenous. Then again, thats a really long word, isn't it? :lol:

Jenny_Dabber said:
fullasternboth said:

I am too confused now.

hey jenny, could you edit that for me please to include NORTHERN IRELAND. I would like to think that my British passport and Birth Certificate is not imaginary.

That is probably the one thing that annoys me the most about the mainland. Most people completely ignoring the fact that we are part of the UK and British too.

Edited to add, i apologise for small rant, just the thing that annoys me most. just when i travel to England and anywhere in the world, trying to explain to people the NI is not part of ireland but the UK, and i find it more annoying explaining it to those on the mainland. Prime example, when i worked on a ferry company (Stranaer -Belfast route) arguing with those travelling that,

1. No, you don't need Euros to go to Belfast

2. No, that first trust/Northern/Ulster bank note is not "Funny Money" and you do not need do change it to Sterling as it clearly aready is. (this one pissed me off the most as they would refuse to except any change that wasn't a bank of england note, so i would then set it on the table and tell them, they don't have to take it if they don't want to.) :lol:

3. No, there is not duty free onboard as you are travelling within the UK.

4. No really, trust me on this, you ARE travelling within the UK and i am not lying to you. (They thought we just charge the full price for things to make more money)

5. "Do you live in Belfast?". "yes". "Oh, whats it like in Ireland this morning when you started work?" I don't know, I haven't been in years.

p.s this is not aimed directly at your comment jenny, so don't think i'm having a go at you directly, as i am seriously not. hope you don't take any offense. Just had to get this out, i really hated that job simple because of these stupid questions i constantly recieved. i'm sure you can understand that my customer service skills went to sh*t after a while, :lol:

RNMA said:
Jenny_Dabber said:
fullasternboth said:

I am too confused now.
RNMA without trying to wind you up, the 1970's were proof perfect that NI was the most spoken about part of the British Isles that ever was. You are all part of history in the making matey. The ENGLISH didn't like it at the time, but everyone sang the reble songs. Even in the Navy. Ask anyone that served in Sea Eagle, or the Ulster squadron. :wink:

hey jenny, could you edit that for me please to include NORTHERN IRELAND. I would like to think that my British passport and Birth Certificate is not imaginary.

That is probably the one thing that annoys me the most about the mainland. Most people completely ignoring the fact that we are part of the UK and British too.

Dabs said:
RNMA said:
Jenny_Dabber said:
fullasternboth said:

I am too confused now.

RNMA without trying to wind you up, the 1970's were proof perfect that NI was the most spoken about part of the British Isles that ever was. You are all part of history in the making matey. The ENGLISH didn't like it at the time, but everyone sang the reble songs. Even in the Navy. Ask anyone that served in Sea Eagle, or the Ulster squadron. :wink:

Latest Threads