Muslims too sensitive ?

pjmliverpool said:
I used to work as a PT for a local health centre, and on Wednesday's, it was Muslim women only in the pool, and they wer allowed to swim fully clothed, and we had to black out all the windows with bin bags.

Excuse me, but I think this is taking the piss.
Does anyone else agree?
nope. :grin:

slim said:
Most kids piss in the pool, only the posh ones get out. Reckon my four year old grandson must think he's posh. Told me he needed a pee so I told him to get out of the pool. He did then peed into the pool from the side.

PMSL :lol: :lol:

I think we are confusing a 'Walt' for a phisher.

I' don't think PJMscousegit is a Walt (btw short for Walter Mitty for those who don't know). He hasn't (not to my knowledge anyway) lied or bullsh*tted about a service career that didn't happen.

A phisher (sometimes a journo after a good scoop) will post a view such as this one to see what reaction is forthcoming. Can you imagine the tabloid field day if we (service personnel) opened our hearts to a subject as emotive as this one?

Be very careful, ladies and gentlemen.

BL

bruiser_loose said:
I think we are confusing a 'Walt' for a phisher.

I' don't think PJMscousegit is a Walt (btw short for Walter Mitty for those who don't know). He hasn't (not to my knowledge anyway) lied or bullsh*tted about a service career that didn't happen.

A phisher (sometimes a journo after a good scoop) will post a view such as this one to see what reaction is forthcoming. Can you imagine the tabloid field day if we (service personnel) opened our hearts to a subject as emotive as this one?

Be very careful, ladies and gentlemen.

BL
possibly "bruiser".
Your far too intelligent to be contributing mate!
-but thanks anyway :wink:

pjmliverpool said:
I used to work as a PT for a local health centre, and on Wednesday's, it was Muslim women only in the pool, and they wer allowed to swim fully clothed, and we had to black out all the windows with bin bags.

Does anyone else agree?
Pretty weak question if he is a journalist. This was proposed in a Sydney suburb and the local council were told to get stuffed by so many Aussies because of the inappropriate (private) use of a public swimming baths.

I'm not Navy, can i comment? :)

I don't know who the guy who posted is, but to be truthful, you don't need to 'phish' for dubious newspaper content on here, do you? ;)

Always_a_Civvy said:
carlm said:
I used to piss in the pool when i was a kid :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Carl,

I'm sure other people here did too! :oops: :lol:

Steve.
lol i still do and i bet you all do aswell because ya neve see people leav the pool to have a piss then back in the pool ah ha but as far as the muslims go we have to go by there rules in there country but they keep there rules and force them on us in our country

pjmliverpool said:

Does anyone else agree?
Which health centre and where???

If they swam fully dressed, er how long before the lifeguards (did they have any or were they withdrawn if male) were required as swimming fully clothed for a period of time could have a negative effect on bouancy.

slim said:
Most kids piss in the pool, only the posh ones get out. Reckon my four year old grandson must think he's posh. Told me he needed a pee so I told him to get out of the pool. He did then peed into the pool from the side.
It is nice to see the new ones on the walks over the hills and moors. Who then ask. Where is the toilet. DOH!!

I think the posh ones are the ones who leave the showers for a piss.

Just received the text below from a mate. I've often thought that the Aussies had it right on imigration. Sorry to drag the thread away from pissing in swimming pools but needs must. Over to you lot...

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.
A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia and her Queen at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his Ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown. Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state, and its laws were made by parliament. "If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you", he said on National Television.
"I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia : one the Australian law and another Islamic law that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option", Costello said.
Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country. Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should "clear off. Basically people who don't want to be Australians, and who don't want, to live by Australian values and understand them, well then, they can basically clear off", he said.
Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.
Quote: "IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians."
"However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia ." "However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand." "This idea of Australia being a multi-cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. And as Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle."
"This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom"
"We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society ... Learn the language!"
"Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture."
"We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us."
"If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like "A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your culture, but do not force it on others.
"This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,
'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'."
"If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.

Not a bad attitude for a bloke whose ancestors were probably deported for stealing an apple.
For the Aussy readers, that's like a joke...I've been there and think it's great.

What you must understand, from the Muslim point of view, there are no other religions of note (at least in the extremist point of view - i guess they missed or glossed over the part in the Koran where people of the book - ie, Christians and Jews worshipped the same God.). To the extremists (and they outnumber the moderates by far), everyone is either a potential convert, and if they don't convert they must be killed.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
So glad this is in the Gash Barge Forum. Who cares? The original poster, is of dubious provenance. If you want to swim fully clothed (apart from when you're doing the RN Swimming Test) crack on- but sorry mate, don't believe you. The words Shit & Bull spring to mind. Stop being Xenophobic or worse- a reporter for the Daily Express.

Jarhead said:
What you must understand, from the Muslim point of view, there are no other religions of note (at least in the extremist point of view - i guess they missed or glossed over the part in the Koran where people of the book - ie, Christians and Jews worshipped the same God.). To the extremists (and they outnumber the moderates by far), everyone is either a potential convert, and if they don't convert they must be killed.
Jarhead,

Most Muslims in Britain at least, are moderates and just want to get on with their lives here. All Muslims I know socially respect the laws and democratic values of the society they are living in. The media (like the Government here!!!) tend to focus upon the radicals, who are in fact violating the Koran by ignoring Mohammed's command that Muslims living in non-Muslim countries MUST respect and adapt to the host culture, not visa versa! Real Muslims would NOT dress differently to the indigenous population and demand equality of respect in law for their religious lifestyle choice. The radicals should rightly be called counterfeit Muslims, just as fundamentalist Christians who selectively cite those bits of scripture that are harmful to others but not themselves, are counterfeit Christians.

AAC.

good point AAC but i'm referrng to the vast majority of muslims period, not muslims in the UK.

Some woman in florida tried to get her driver's license taken with her face covered - it was unanimously shot down.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Jarhead said:
good point AAC but i'm referrng to the vast majority of muslims period, not muslims in the UK.

Some woman in florida tried to get her driver's license taken with her face covered - it was unanimously shot down.
JH, I'm not surprised she was told to do one. I completely agree. (How the hell can it be used as ID.)

Regardless of faith, there are complete knob-heads in all walks of life mate.

The fact that they are Christian, Muslim or Jew, to name but three, does not mean they should be given credibility if they are just plain dumb.

chieftiff

War Hero
Although the originator of this thread has had his account suspended, no doubt for being an obvious troublemaker, I feel the need to add my opinion.

Clothing, often linked directly to the Muslim religion by the press, is of cultural significance not necessarily religious although Muslim women are urged to dress modestly. A lot of the people claiming racial intolerance due to issues of facial covering are simply charlatans playing up to our modern rights/ litigation led society and simply attracting attention to their own agenda, many will never have lived within the culture to which the rules apply.

Fortunately these people tend to be the exception rather than the rule, I like to compare them to the hoody culture where criminals insist on their right to dress in a manner which conceals their identity. There are people who have been brought up with these local dress customs who may well rightly feel aggrieved at our perceived intolerence, these people are generally not the types to push the law and seek the limelight pursueing occupations and lifestyle which permits them to remain true to their beliefs. There are common sense reasons why our society insists unveiling is necessary- ID cards being one of many, teachers another, security checks etc When these reasons don't apply people should be allowed to live their own lives and dress how they wish, we do still live in the free world!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Shakey Diamond Lil's 1
F The Gash Barge 53
higthepig Diamond Lil's 70