Muslim woman juror contemp of court

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Backpacker1uk, Jul 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. LONDON (AFP) - A female Muslim juror has been arrested in Britain after allegedly listening to an MP3 player under her hijab headscarf during a murder trial, police said Monday.

[​IMG]

The woman in her early 20s was spotted by a fellow juror listening to music as she was meant to be helping try the case of a pensioner accused of bludgeoning his wife to death after 50 years of marriage.

She could now be charged with contempt of court and, if convicted, may be punished with an indefinite jail sentence and an unlimited fine.

Details emerged after the defendant was convicted and Judge Roger Chapple lifted a reporting restriction which prevented previous publication of the details for fear of disrupting proceedings.

The woman had repeatedly arrived late for hearings at Blackfriars Crown Court, central London, and prosecuting lawyer Peter Clarke asked for her to be dismissed.

The judge initially refused, saying it was not necessary, but a day later, he received a note from another juror suggesting that the woman may have been listening to music during the defendant's evidence.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said that police were called by a judge hearing a case at Blackfriars "regarding the inappropriate actions of a juror."

"A woman was arrested for contempt of court on the direction of the judge," he added. "Following the conclusion of the trial, the judge has requested that the matter be investigated."

Lawyer Benn Maguire, a member of the team prosecuting the murder case, said: "It is unique for all those who are connected with this court to experience a situation where the juror is suspected of listening to a MP3 player under her Islamic headgear."

He added that he expected the woman would go to prison if she was charged and found guilty of contempt.

2. Hope they throw the book at her!WTF were they doing letting her wear the Veil in a Court anyway???I thought you had a jury of your Peers?

3. Could it possibly have been Mr Beans I pod? Was she Iranian?

4. She is lucky we do not apply Shari'a here or she would have a great deal more to worry about than a possible prison sentence! Not listening to evidence when a person's liberty depends upon her is no different to bearing false witness. In an Islamic country the defendant would be on trial for his life. Bearing false witness would result her being put on trial for her life too.

5. Who is to say that it was her in the courthouse all week could have been grandad ???

6. We must be fxxxxxxxg stupid in this country to put up with this shite , :tp: :tp: :tp:

7. I have no doubt the courts will issue her with an apology for not allowing her to exercise her Muslim right to listen to music whilst a White Christian is sentenced.

It is, after all, an Islamic state. Isn't it?

8. Cant wait to see the sentence passed , nice to see you have picked my old avatar as yours "Trooped_again" , no problem there

9. There's been the occasional comment on the Avatar, mostly positive, a couple of the guys had difficulty focussing on the post right enough.

Thinking of changing it soon, I just haven't found anything suitable, thought about getting the wife to do the same, but would need four avatars.

I was quite flippant with my comment re; the original post, but I do feel that the UK Courts are almost too scared to do anything incase it infringes on some ethnics rights, screw the majority, they can get whipped, jailed and f*cked, but let's not upset the others!

10. Jail her and make an example , know they wont though , wait with trepidation

11. Its Britain and nothing surprises me anymore. I would wager she gets away with it or has a little slap on the wrist so as not to 'upset' her kind.

My own personal feeling is that she should be slung in jail for contempt.

How much longer are we going to let women like her continue to flout the law so blatently.

12. Fxxxxxxxxxg Ditto mate .

13. The last six replys have been arses and tits {avatars} mmmmmm

14. Not including the absolute Tit who is the subject of the post?

15. Well the judge has had her arrested and ordered an investigation, that would appear to be to give him the justification for a significant punishment. They tend to consider such actions as a personal insult as well as contempt. If he was just ging to give her a telling off I suspect he would have done that on the spot.

16. Fair enough Peter and I do hope that is what acually happens or it will set some kind of precedent.

17. Well , she'll have to face the music now

18. Well she was peering through her head dress it appears

19. Got to admit, the old muslims really don't do themselves any favours. This big victim attitude they seem to have developed lately really grinds my fucking gears!

20. I bet she gets sweet fcuk all of a punishment, wouldn't want to upset the PC brigade, would we? :pukel: