Muslim spared jail after abusing 13 year old girl.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Flagdeck, Jan 26, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Here we go again naive my arse, Once again the law of our land is being abused, and in this instance the judge isn't helping, Dont tell me that this guy did not know the score, he comes under the law of the land so bang him up
  2. On the face of it this was an open and shut case as the crime was not denied.What the man's defence has done is seek to mitigate his actions by saying that his Muslim upbringing teaches that all women are worthless and so to the accused no crime had been committed.I do not condemn the man for giving this line of defence a try but cannot for the life of me understand why the Judge swallowed it hook,line and sinker.My concern is that others similarly charged will take the same course of action thereby creating different standards depending on your religious beliefs.
  3. The next time I get clocked for speeding I'll just say............'Because of my naval background, I measure speed in knots, not mph'..... as a nautical mile is longer than a land mile I believe no offence has been comitted.
    Just hope I get the same judge.
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Dont look now but its already happening
  5. I always thought that it was clearly laid down that "ignorance of the law was not a valid defence"

Makes you want to question whether the judge fully understands the law
  6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

The law of common decency means you dont shag 13 year old girls, let alone go sloppy seconds or whatever this group of predatory pedophiles have been doing.

I agree, ignorance of the law is no defense. Is there more to this than the newspaper reports? Is the guy a certified numpty with a mental age of 7 or something?
  7. I suppose its left for us to 'judge' that Blobby, but definately wrong.
  8. Maybe he thought he was in Spain or (predictably) Japan.
  9. A long shot Fishhead,

but perchance this sympathetic Judge was also of, or close to, the Muslim faith?

As such he might have had a better understanding of the poor defendant's bizarre education than us mere infidels.

Just saying, like...
  10. I assume you're referring to the judge...
  11. hey hombre que no sabe lo que significa
  12. Your guess is as good as mine Breathers but I hesitate to fire up the Outrage Bus as I wasn't present at the court when all this happened and we all know(I hope) that the newspaper's version of events does not always mention other elements which may have influenced the Judge's decision.