Muslim prisoners

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by seafarer1939, Jun 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Reading about how these Prisoners are getting preferential treatment as their religion expects, to the detriment of other non Muslim prisoners, who don't get the same out of hours cell time.
    Surely the solution is to have a Muslim Jail,preferably in the outer Hebrides where they can practice their religion to their hearts content without threatening other inmates to convert.
    I respect their right to follow their beliefs,but a prisoner should be a prisoner,end of.
    Sometimes I feel an admiration for the USA system,lock 'em up and who gives feck what happens inside as long as they don't escape.
    It's not PC or anti Muslim,just a suggestion to stop the appeasement of all vile prisoners by the ineffectual and incompetent minister of Prisons, Dame Owers insisting all prisoners are to be called MR etc
    On the other hand maybe these Muslim prisoners can teach these kiddie perverts like the guy who had his sentenced reduced from 50 to 40 years,the error of their ways.
    I may have stepped over the boundary in guidelines here but it's worth a shot.

2. Bring out the Christians!!!!

3. I don't know about Muslims teaching child molesters the error of their ways, just take a look at what the Afghan police get up too with young boys.

Of course you are correct prison should be a punishment not a feking cruise.

4. Maybe I can elaborate just a touch more,cos I'm just back from the pub.
    My first idea was to have a couple of training sailing ships for young offenders where leave was given with performance of given tasks.
    The money would come from the Lottery and I thought it was a good way to give youngsters a touch of pride when they saw the power of sea with the pride of working the ocean.
    I detailed and tried to cost the whole programme,with the savings on Probation staff etc and the hiring of ex-RN instructors for the teaching/training etc and sent it orf to Prince Charles for his Trust,replies there came none.
    Maybe his polo pony was limping.

I remember the threat of Borstal as a kid,as a young tearaway it made me think twice about the things I did,I'm not advocating a return to Borstal but I did write to Blairs Government saying that I thought a type of Borstal with apprenticeships in all trades as a must would be far better way than locking teenagers up with hardened criminals. This was surely an idea to be tried.
    Again no reply. Maybe he was having a holistic massage from an aide!
    The locking up of teenagers with hardened cons is a shame,we must give them a chance to train in a career with maybe a top firm like Rolls Royce guaranteeing them a place after achieving the desired grades.
    Sorry to spout on but it is a idea I've tried a few times to get MP's,Charles etc interested in for the wayward kids who may not be all bad,but after at least a dozen letters,not one reply!
    Small wonder kids are shooting others kids.
    I'm just going on a bit but prisoners should not be allowed to recruit for terror amongst the general prison tossers then turn them from muggers into suicide volunteers.
    Isolate all Muslim prisoners from the Gen Pop prisoners.
    I do agree that the Afghan police are bestial beyond belief,what a crap country to try and change.

5. So why should some teen crook get the offer of a peachy job solely for doing what hundreds of other law abiding kids have done and passed their exams?
    That is what is wrong, too much carrot and not enough stick, Juvenile detention should stop at 16, after that you are legally an adult (though given govt tinkering in some areas its 18) and should be jailed as one.
    I live in an area infested with them, all given nicely renovated council flats and houses when they get out of the nick...what happens? loud parties, fighting, intimidation, robberies, serious assault, gbh and attempted murder, oh and the flat gets smashed up in under 6 weeks.
    I would be more in favour of a policy similar to 3 strikes, instead it would be called 2 strikes.
    Perhaps we could "borrow" some ideas from Maricopa county Arizona (I admit Sheriff Arpaio has some bloody awful ideas, but also some damn fine ideas too such as a tent city prison at a tenth or a hundredth of the cost)
    I admit the older I get the further right I drift politically in some respects.

6. It appears that there is no political will to crack down hard on the rise of chavdom in our country, we are run by a bunch of weak pathetic individuals where that is concerned, of all colours I hasten to add. :twisted:

7. Not much chance of Muslims dishing it out to kiddie fiddlers.

The prophet Mohammed, whose teachings they all follow in the Koran was the biggest perv of the lot. His bride was all of 6 years of age.

8. hackle

hackle Badgeman Moderator

Anne Owers is not a Minister but the Chief Inspector of Prisons in England and Wales, i.e. the role famously played in the past by Gen David Ramsbotham, and as such has no operational responsibility for prisons.

Her recent report about Muslim prisoners in the prison system warned, amongst other things, that some prisoners have been converting to Islam to gain jail perks and the protection of Muslim gangs.

Owers also warned in her report that an approach where all Muslims are treated as potential terrorists risks being a "self-fulfilling prophecy".

9. Our politicians are spineless and mostly have zero experience of "the real world" and are under the illusion that most prisoners want to be rehabilitated, most don't give a monkeys it seems and others enjoy prison as they get a nice warm bed and 3 meals a day, plus still get to fight and take drugs as they do on the "outside".

I still think schools could be improved with some military discipline, ditch some useless subjects such as media studies, RE and whatever other nonsense they are peddling this week and replace it with Drill, PT, "why Britain is the greatest nation on earth" oh and more drill :twisted: by the end of the week I don't think there would be half as much troublemaking, mainly as the little "darlings" would be exhausted :twisted:

Plus would boost the economy all those parade grounds to be built :wink:

10. send muslim crims to ganges,back in 62 even the roman catholics had to fallout from sunday church parade,not c.o.e. go away. :lol:

11. Comment about the Borstals and D schools we used to have

They obviously found out that kids sent for correction were using the time to become qualified law breakers. The mis behaved small time lads
    were learning from the real bad boys .

The present laws on child welfare and rights has changed everything.. Social workers rule and are getting nowhere! The police haven't any real powers and punishments don't really fit the crime.

G

12. That's the problem when you knock on a bit,you spend less time thinking of clits and tits and the like and try to set the world to right.
    It doesn't work and although I never made RN DQ's I heard enough to know not to go there from those who had.
    Thought I was on the way once when I punched a Portuguese exchange officer,but escaped by the skin of my teeth.
    That's one place I didn't want to go and I bet not many of you have been twice.
    Prison a short sharp shock?I don't think so.Most of the guys in the pub who have done time come out heavier than they went in.
    Says it all really.
    Still think my idea of giving kid offenders a chance to train on a sailing ship or as tradesmans apprentice is a good one and a self financing one I think

13. I did two tours in that premier establishment, I enjoyed the oakum picking and doubling on the spot to get a light for my ciggie so much that I could not wait to get back.

14. Nothing wrong with Portugal, I have been there a few times and really liked it. :wink:

15. Yawn, do some research! The Qua'ran is not the "teaching" of the prophet Mohammed, that is the Hadith. Muslims believe that the Qua'ran is the (literal) word of God.

"Marriage in Medieval Times
    By Rachelle Carter
    ... The arrangement of marriage was done by the children's parents. In the Middle Ages children were married at a young age. Girls were as young as 12 when they married, and boys as young as 17. The arrangement of the marriage was based on monetary worth. (Renolds)."

"The age of consent for heterosexual acts in England was set at 12 in 1275. It was lowered to 10 in the latter part of the 16th century.[26] The wording was along the lines of "It shall be deemed illegal to ravage a maiden who is not of age" - at the time "of age" being 12. Therefore, there was, and is, technically no age of consent for the male participant - unless the female participant is an adult in which case laws pertaining to sex with a minor and so on come into force. The English law became applicable in Wales following the Acts of Union (1536 and 1543). In medieval Welsh law there was no actual equivalent of the concept of the age of consent as such, but a girl was marriagable at 12-14 (the onset of puberty) and a fine was payable for the taking of a girl's maidenhood by force; the rules varied according to status and may not have been applied rigidly to commoners.[27]

A concern that young girls were being sold into brothels led Parliament to raise the age of consent to 13 in 1875 under the Offences against the Person Act 1875. After W. T. Stead's Maiden Tribute articles, the Criminal Law Amendment Act 1885 raised the age of consent to 16."

"The Roman tradition influenced peoples and cultures with whom it had come in contact. In the Islamic tradition following Muhammad, betrothal could take place earlier than PUBERTY, perhaps as early as seven, but the marriage was not supposed to be consummated until the girl menstruated and was of age. In medieval Europe, Gratian, the influential founder of Canon law in the twelfth century, accepted the traditional age of puberty for marriage (between 12 and 14) but he also said consent was "meaningful" if the children were older than seven. Some authorities said consent could take place earlier. Such a marriage would be permanent as long as neither party sought annulment before reaching puberty (12 for girls and 14 for boys) or if they had already consummated the marriage. Even if the husband had technically raped his wife before she reached puberty, the marriage was regarded as consummated. It was this policy which was carried over into English common law, and although consent was necessary, force and influence or persuasion seemed to have been permissible elements."

Don't you just love the stereotype!!
    IMD

16. love Portugal,one of my favoutite holiday spots, but this Exchange twat had read to much of Captain Bligh and decided I was one of the mutineers[for a minor offence] screaming at me,spittle flying,sardine breath all over me so I let fly.
    Down he went and I looked forward to a spell in the chokey.
    No witnesses! I denied it,Porty officer went puce up on a charge thru his account of it,skipper says did you hit him,I said no why would I?
    End off,no charges,he went back to his ship a week later and I had to be very careful for a while.
    his English wasn't too good,may that helped but it felt good.

17. Sounds like a result!

Some of those Portos can be a bit odd. I was at a Hot Wash-Up after an Exercise a good few years ago during which a Spanish fighter aircraft speared into a mountain and the pilot was killed. In CINCIBERLANTs concluding comments he made a fleeting mention about the poor Spanish jockey and spent about 3 times as long complaining about how much photocopy paper had been used during the Exercise! Priorities don't seem to be the same as for us northern Eurpoeans

Still a top place for hols though 8)

18. If you love the Portuguese people then come for a holiday to Jersey. We speak English, drive on the 'right' side of the road. Lots of them here and a lot remind me of the short Oompah Lumpahs from the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory film ....) They are particularly from Madeira and along with the Poles do the jobs that locals wouldn't think of doing - working in the fields, hotels and restaurants etc.

They also bring with them drugs and their social family issues too - which is nice...

19. Had a great holiday in Jersey last year,hotel Metropole. Enjoyed it with the wife I had never been back since we used to dash over there in the MTB's for a few days.
    It was a rocking island with great pubs now it's just French style bistro eating dining places.didn't like that bit but it's great island.
    In St Helier at least,better pubs in Guernsey I reckon but I'll go back to Jersey again.
    You are right all the staff were Porto's and good they were too.
    born to it I reckon.