Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muslim prisoners offered ham sandwiches sue for millions

bobc2112

Midshipman
I fooked up when in Pizza Hut in Tel Aviv by asking for a ham and mushroom farmhouse special!!! Ne'mind, dint do it on purpose!!!
If the fookers want to eat after the galley is shut during ramadam, GIVE 'EM A (HALAL)BAG MEAL!!!!!!!!

Ahh c'mon Sgt mate, it's a bit unfair to compare a decent hardworking Royal Navy serviceman to somebody who breaks the law.

People should be stripped of everything when they decide to break the law and be sent to prison.

I'm not a racist and would also be equally as pissed if this were Christians, Hindus, Buddhists or Scientologists.

The filth and scum in prisons should be happy they're fed a hot meal, let alone having the admin piss about for their religious practises... practises that should be banned in prison also.

brigham600

War Hero
Mmmmmm - Human Rights act eh? Well Sgt, what about the human rights of those people who those scroates obviously violated with their crimes?

I agree that they have a right to complain, but sueing? WTF is all that about. Next time Jack goes to the scran counter and there is no more cheesy, hammy, eggy left and cookie boy says its all gone, has Jack the right to sue the cookie boy coz on the menu it says there is 'cheesy, hammy, eggy' and he wants it NOW. Let us think about it eh?

Not going to get into an argument with you on this, but ffs, they have committed a crime and have the audacity to think about sueing just coz they did not get exactly what they wanted. Wonder if they would have tried this tact in their own country? Doubt it.

More a case of these two twats saying "Its soft old Britain and we can do what ever we want now we live here and even though we only abide by our religions rules when it suites us."

icantfly

Lantern Swinger
FFS, these cnuts broke the law and didn't give a sh*t while they were doing it, and now they're complaining about their "human rights"?!

They're in jail - their rights should be suspended until they're released. What will they use the £10k for anyway? Pimp up their illegal car for the next round of driving while disqualified?

Wankers.

icarus

Midshipman
The HM Prison Service is obliged to recognise inmates' religious beliefs (iaw Article 9 of the 1998 Human Rights Act), and to blatantly offer ham sandwiches in lieu of cheese, as they had ordered, is clearly in breach of those obligations
That may be the case, but your statement that ham was offered "blatantly" in lieu of cheese has me puzzled. Are you suggesting that what was probably an avoidable administrative error or mistake, was actually a malicious and deliberate attempt to undermine their "human rights"?
If this is really your belief SgtPepper, then I suggest that you have missed your calling... you should perhaps be a "bleeding heart" defence lawyer.
If as I, and I suggest the many lower deck respondees you scold for "racism", believe that a (serious) error has been made then the clowns that stuffed up should be held to account. This does not mean that prisoners should have a right to financial compensation. That would be, in the vernacular, taking the p*ss!

Stripey_G

War Hero
icarus said:
The HM Prison Service is obliged to recognise inmates' religious beliefs (iaw Article 9 of the 1998 Human Rights Act), and to blatantly offer ham sandwiches in lieu of cheese, as they had ordered, is clearly in breach of those obligations
That may be the case, but your statement that ham was offered "blatantly" in lieu of cheese has me puzzled. Are you suggesting that what was probably an avoidable administrative error or mistake, was actually a malicious and deliberate attempt to undermine their "human rights"?
If this is really your belief SgtPepper, then I suggest that you have missed your calling... you should perhaps be a "bleeding heart" defence lawyer.
If as I, and I suggest the many lower deck respondees you scold for "racism", believe that a (serious) error has been made then the clowns that stuffed up should be held to account. This does not mean that prisoners should have a right to financial compensation. That would be, in the vernacular, taking the p*ss!

:thumright: :thumright:

slim

War Hero
sgtpepperband said:
I can see nothing wrong with the allegation as described. The HM Prison Service is obliged to recognise inmates' religious beliefs (iaw Article 9 of the 1998 Human Rights Act), and to blatantly offer ham sandwiches in lieu of cheese, as they had ordered, is clearly in breach of those obligations.

I'll use an alternative scenario: you are a non-meat eating service person on board a ship/establishment and ask for the vegetarian option - or personal/dietary reasons - only to find that when you are given is not as described. Would you complain? Of course you would! But it seems once again the Daily Wail (and it's circulation) are attempting to turn a story about poor prison conditions (see the other legal actions made by the prisoners against HMP Leeds), into a religious issue.

As this is in Current Affairs the matter should be discussed appropriately; let's leave the lower deck racism for Lil's or the Quarterdeck.

Just a small point SgtP
Muslims are not a race, they are just people who are followers of the Muslim religion. Cat Stevens who has converted to the Muslim faith did not become an Arab or Pakistani, he became a Muslim.
Cat Stevens or Yussef whatever he changed his name to is probably one of the best adverts for the majority of Muslims who wish to live in peace.
Unfortunately as with all religions there are those extremists who wish otherwise.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Hmm, I can see that not everyone can see the alternative point of view. It seems whoever shout loudest gets heard quicker... perhaps I have "missed my calling" - perhaps one day I will be the only left shouting for YOUR cause and beliefs. But by then I might not give a shit... :roll:

If I become a piece of filth who breaks the law, I should hope nobody is shouting for my rights or beliefs and truly hope they don't give a shit.

slim

War Hero
sgtpepperband said:
Hmm, I can see that not everyone can see the alternative point of view. It seems whoever shout loudest gets heard quicker... perhaps I have "missed my calling" - perhaps one day I will be the only left shouting for YOUR cause and beliefs. But by then I might not give a shit... :roll:

I am sure that you wil find many in agreement with you to a point SgtP
I believe that a mistake was made, whether intentionally or accidentally we will never know. I believe that the feelings of the Muslim prisoners were probably damaged.
I also believe that apologies are in order.
I do not believe that they should be allowed to use public money in an attempt to sue for damages. If any damages are awarded then they should be paid to the victims of whatever crime(s) they committed.

War Hero
In light of all the well considered and persuasive arguments presented I'm tempted to get rid of this completely, but instead the Gash Barge will do...

As I read it the Ham was only on the menu, and then scored out, it was never actually dished out

If it was dished out, then they should be thankful that they got some food that day, rather than nothing which is what they deserve,
NOT just Muslims but all the shite that are residing at her majesty's pleasure, Scum

Whilst on about human rights and sueing

What about mine sat squezing one out among twentythree other matelots in shoulder height crap stalls in the for'ard heads, Yet Barlinie prisoners in Glasgow got thousands in compensation for having to empty a chamber pot every morning (slopping out/breaches human rights)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
doublehelix UK Pork fed to Muslim prisoners. Current Affairs 98
S Muslim prisoners Current Affairs 18
slim Muslim prisoners sue Diamond Lil's 13
MoD_RSS Speech: Amanda Spielman at the Muslim Teachers' Association MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Former trustees of MA 1985 (formerly Muslim Aid) criticised after investigation finds serious mismanagement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Armed Forces Muslim Personnel Complete Hajj MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Mosque signing paves way for Muslim-owned businesses to support Armed Forces MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Commemorating a century of Muslim military service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence leaders meet Muslim communities to discuss Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Armed Forces Muslim Forum supports #WalkTogether at Iftar event MoD News 0
F Muslim spared jail after abusing 13 year old girl. Current Affairs 12
Waspie Muslim tribute band Blue Jokes 6
Illuminati Did anyone hear about that new Muslim strip joint that just opened?? Diamond Lil's 0
Q France bans Muslim women from covering their faces. Current Affairs 25
witsend Beware of the Muslim ray guns. Diamond Lil's 38
soleil BBC Asian Network: "UK's Muslim soldiers ‘fighting extremists not Muslims'" Current Affairs 3
The_Caretaker a Muslim Miscellaneous 0
D Muslim leader to condemn terrorists Current Affairs 9
SONAR-BENDER Unrest within Muslim Unions Diamond Lil's 6
sgtpepperband "Muslim Demographics" Current Affairs 16
Nails Muslim fanatics shout abuse at soldiers The Corps 13
K Armed Forces Muslim conference The Quarterdeck 27
slim Muslim cleric loses extradition appeal Current Affairs 15
ET(MESM)whogivesafeck Muslim juror accused of wearing MP3 player under her hijab e Current Affairs 9
slim Muslim fury as 'Jihad The Musical' comes to the UK Diamond Lil's 30
slim Muslim heads stuck firmly in the sand Diamond Lil's 4
B Muslim woman juror contemp of court Diamond Lil's 25
ukdaytona Muslim women abuse soldier at troops hospital Current Affairs 124
spider_monkey Offensive to who? No Muslim has complained! The Quarterdeck 17
slim Muslim Pc refused to shake hands Current Affairs 24
slim You can swim, but you have to wear Muslim dress The Quarterdeck 7
slim Dutch to ban wearing of Muslim burqa in public Diamond Lil's 29
FlagWagger At the risk of singling out the Muslim community further.... Current Affairs 38
P New Muslim Terror Tactics Diamond Lil's 19
MoD_RSS The influence of family on prisoners during parole - CEO blog MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Important information leaflets published for prisoners & families MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Secure video calls to help prisoners maintain family ties MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pregnant prisoners to be temporarily released from custody MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A letter from John Glen to Stephen Jones on Mortgage Prisoners MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK welcomes the release and exchange of prisoners in Ukraine MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Strengthening prisoners’ family ties: the ‘golden thread’ to reducing reoffending MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Ministers sign agreement for prisoners to supply armed forces with kit MoD News 0
daffy1 Escape taliban prisoners Current Affairs 12
L Prisoners have more rights than elderly in care Current Affairs 1
ukdaytona Prisoners Support Attacked Pensioner Current Affairs 4
slim I'll kick out 4,000 foreign prisoners, vows Brown Diamond Lil's 22
slim PAYOUTS FOR EARLY-RELEASE PRISONERS Diamond Lil's 11
brazenhussy Should Prisoners have rights? The Quarterdeck 88
slim How do they select prisoners for Open Prisons? Diamond Lil's 0
A Voting Rights for Prisoners Current Affairs 17