Music

Lynx101

Lantern Swinger
Hi,
I was wondering as there are so many clubs and organisation to take part in such as diving and skiing etc, are there ways you can learn a musical instrument when you are in the service?
Many Thanks

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The Royal Marines Band Service seem to manage training an individual from scratch to Grade 8 on a second instrument in two years eight months, so there's no shortage of volunteer bands & trained RM Band musicians that may be willing to assist a budding amateur musician.

There are plenty of adventurous training opportunities & sports clubs within the RN & RM - have a look on the RN website for listings of available sports.

Lynx101

Lantern Swinger
Brilliant, all the clubs (Muff diving especially) sound great! I have always wanted to play the trumpet, I took lessons when I was in year 4 and was quite good but then had to stop when I changed schools. Cheers all for a speedy reply!

Lynx101 said:
Brilliant, all the clubs (Muff diving especially) sound great! I have always wanted to play the trumpet, I took lessons when I was in year 4 and was quite good but then had to stop when I changed schools. Cheers all for a speedy reply!
There will always be someone in the mess who's good at blowing their own trumpet (gives you a crick in the neck though...allegedly)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Miscellaneous 0
E Social & Reunions 17
higthepig Diamond Lil's 15