Music to die by

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Gombear, Mar 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As its Friday I thought I’d lighten things up with the following question:
    Has anyone thought of what music they would like played at their funeral?

I was thinking of going for “The Ashokan Farewell†as played by The Band of Her Majesty’s Royal Marines. Then either “Sailing By†or “Wish me luck as you wave me goodbyeâ€

Its’ being so cheerful as what keeps me going. :)
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

When I disappear through the curtain to get burnt I want Joan Jet belting out..........."I love rock and roll, put another dime in the duke box baby"........
  3. It's a haunting beautiful piece, you can listen to it here.
  4. Three songs to be played at the cerm are: "Over the hills and far away", "Wand'rin' Star" and as the box slips behind the curtain "Always Look On the Bright Side of Life".
  5. We played that at my gran's funeral. It went down very well. People laughed.
  6. Last funeral I was at was for a 3-year old and they played Thomas the Tank Engine's theme song. So sad but people were smiling as it was played.
  7. Technically shouldn't this thread be called 'music to play at your funeral'?

As for music to die by, I intend to have Bon Jovi, blaze of glory playing, when I eventually overdose on chang in a Las Vegas penthouse suite wearing nothing but my leopard print silk dressing gown and surrounded by high class prostitutes.
  8. wet_blobby

2's up mucker.... :lol:
  9. I was at a mate's funeral last year, ex merchant seaman. We buried him in a rope coffin.

He had a sea shanty on the way into church but on the way out Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys.

Never thought about the inbound tune before, but I think Mr Blue Sky by ELO as it has to rate as my all time favourite piece of music, outbound I'm all for Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life too as the curtain closes

My Father and Father in Law, they passed away within a year of each other, had Glenn Miller tunes as the curtain closed, find it very difficult to listen to any of his music now without it getting dusty, RIP guys
  10. If I may say so 2DD, that is style!!!!
  11. I :oops: was to lazy to type it.
  12. If it’s music to actually die by:

How about bowing out while rove up the wrong’un of Scarlett Johannsen, to the tune of “Love Hurts†:wink:
  13. Get your own celeb style death.

I always had you down as more of an auto-asphyxiation kind of guy :lol:
  14. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

I'm a bit confused, is it music to die to or music at the funeral?

I fancy dying in a cheerful but profoundly optimistic mood so something like: Soul Man or James Brown

The funeral however, I want them weeping in the aisles, I want them to leave dehydrated and in desperate need of booze, I want them to say how sad it really was that I've shuffled off this mortal coil so something like IZ or Yo Yo Ma or even Eva Cassidy but just to finish it off this should be compulsory at every wake Monty Python
  15. A friend of mine had "Going underground by the Jam" played before he was buried.
  16. wet_blobby

I'm crap with knots, I'd end up dying of shame whilst squashing a orange segment to death between my toes whilst hooking my pvc waistcoat up against the wardrobe handle.
  17. You're supposed to stick the orange in your mouth:
  18. "Spirit of 76" by The Alarm

When I go to get burned "Heaven knows I'm Miserable Now" The Smiths