Murdoch's 'new' paper

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Handler, Feb 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So we are going to have another 'new' Sunday paper, What a joke, this guy sinks the NoW, takes a rest and then decides to launch a 'new' substitute. Got to hand it to him, good move to take on a lot of the 'old' journalists as well.Must be laughing up his sleeve !:pottytrain2:

2. For all it's disgusting antics there was parts of the NOW that I liked.It's sport coverage was very good,it's exposes were even better.I've lost count of all the idiots they exposes like Fergie and the rest of them on the make.
    I'll give it a shot but the first time I see Jordan's face or some other slapper telling how she slept with some famous footballer[I was a nice girl until he backscuttled me when I wasn't looking!] I'll be gone.

3. As the 'old' one used to be called news of the Screws (obvious reasons) - will this one really be News of the Screws Too ? :)(hat, coat, off home !!)

4. When the Screws was shut down last year there was much speculation about when the replacement would be launched and under what name.It was shut down on the basis of an allegation by the Guardian that a Screws hack had deleted messages from Milly Dowler's phone which has now been shown to be false and it was in fact the Police albeit accidently.So the way is now clear to go for lift off with the Sun on Sunday.The other Sunday papers will be far from delighted as most enjoyed increased readership and can probably look forward to a decrease.

5. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

It will give the Scousers something else to moan about though.

6. IMO, anyone who contributes to the Murdoch empire by buying his rags should be keelhauled by a man with no arms, IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Got Sky TV, Broadband or Phone Finks?

8. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

This has been in the pipeline since even before NOTW died. The internet domain for "www.sunonsunday.co.uk" or similar was bought by someone (read: News International) a few days after NOTW's disbandment.

NI have their eye on the main chance, and anyone with half a brain could see NOTW would reappear in another guise sooner or later.

9. Sun=shit paper. NOW=shit paper therefore by default the SOS=shit paper. My opinion only but red tops are read by the brain dead!

That should spice things up.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'll stick to my Sunday Times thank you, I wouldn't touch a Murdoch publication with a barge pole.

• Like Like x 3
  11. You'll need a very long barge pole r-g he owns that rag too.=-D

12. You are joking, right?

13. Ha ******* quality!! Very clever or very stupid!

14. I think the maths for Murdoch goes something along the lines of.
    His UK red tops subsidize his two broad sheets the Times and Sunday Times.If he were to pull the Sun as well as the NoW his UK News print would run at a loss.
    Personally I would only recommend the Sunday Sun if you had a suitable victim available on Sundays to shove it right up where the Sun don't shine.:pottytrain2:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  15. I bet no-one saw that coming!!!! Same Journo's I expect, same drivel!

16. Well, I won't be reading it. But then I don't buy newspapers! I make do with what I can read online.

17. No and never will have, we are a Freesat, BT and Madasafish household.

18. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Why doesn't that surprise me?

19. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Not saying "I told you so..." but:

[RR Source]

20. I didn't think it would, after all it's only an IP.