Multitools

I'm looking for a reasonably compact mutlitool, I find on those I have had before that the quality of the knife element is sacrificed to make space for the number of other tools. This time I want to try and find one with a decent blade as well as the other bits.

Anyone got any personal favourites or makes etc to share?

The old man gave me a Gerber when I was about 12, I've had it ever since with no snags.

My mate has a Leatherman Wave which I've gotta say is considerably more gucci but a lot more expensive. At the end of the day they all do the same job. It's all about which one looks better.

A Gucci LeatherMan is available from stores if you know the Class Group and the number. I know this, as after working with 'them' many moons ago, I wrote the number down from one of 'their' LeatherMan tools and ordered some. They arrived. Pretty soon anyone that was anyone had one, and it was then that the signal arrived - GIVE THEM BACK!!!! Sadly, my cage in Faslane had been robbed....... (cough) :oops:

So, get the number and 'Folding Pliers' work as a description!

Allegedly :D

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
SONAR-BENDER said:
A Gucci LeatherMan is available from stores if you know the Class Group and the number. I know this, as after working with 'them' many moons ago, I wrote the number down from one of 'their' LeatherMan tools and ordered some. They arrived. Pretty soon anyone that was anyone had one, and it was then that the signal arrived - GIVE THEM BACK!!!! Sadly, my cage in Faslane had been robbed....... (cough) :oops:

They are extremely reluctant to issue these, I've ordered them on my last two ships and they didn't turn up.

NZ_Bootneck said:
Gerber does the job and keeps on jobbing.
Agree had both a Gerber and a Leatherman Wave. Gerber was far more comfortable in the hand and the tools were more acessible (the wave was stiff even when well lubed but that's for another thread..)

tiddlyoggy said:
SONAR-BENDER said:

They are extremely reluctant to issue these, I've ordered them on my last two ships and they didn't turn up.

Understandable! The signal we had asking for them back stated that they were for SF issue only. Well, submariners are speshul, aren't they? :lol:

Slightly off topic, there are two people well known in Faslane; The first was nicknamed Leatherman, because he was a complete tool; the second, when he joined the same boat shortly after was nicknamed Gerber, as he was also a complete tool, but not as good as Leatherman.

Haggis_Catcher said:
I have one of these Gerber Diesel 1545 Multi-Tool and it hasn't showed any wear and tear and the blade is still sharp.
I used to have one of these, but the knife blade snapped about two minutes after I'd got it. Also it doesn't take kindly to being used as a hammer as the circlips holding the sliding pliars shoot off, leaving you holding an expensive pile of junk full of tools you don't need.

I've kept it, though, as the scissors are very handy for cutting my toenails.

Latest Threads