Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Multiple adquals

not when you had height cushioning so they skimmed the waves instead of fizz plop
Depends if you run through a rain storm prior to the launch.
Mine had its rain cover on but water went through the cheap outer layer, down the inside to the inside of the clamp ring. When fired, instead of breaking through, the missile went off the launcher with the cover still in place.
Ballistic Seacat!!

Height Cushion had no chance to work!

Depends if you run through a rain storm prior to the launch.
Mine had its rain cover on but water went through the cheap outer layer, down the inside to the inside of the clamp ring. When fired, instead of breaking through, the missile went off the launcher with the cover still in place.
Ballistic Seacat!!

Height Cushion had no chance to work!
I blame the maintainer

Stoker awarded VC The first to be awarded in Peacetime, the citation read he saved a whole ships company, he shot the Chef!!!

Current adqual badges are awarded for:
Commando
Marksman
(Some sort of sea spec branch adqual)
Navs Yeoman

Aircrewmen wear their wings in that position for some reason and I have seen some matelots that have completed trade training with the marines wear RM branch badges for the following trades also:
Vehicle Mechanic
Stores Accountant
Driver
Though I believe these are unofficial

Re: Navs Yeo

Back in the day I spotted my younger brother wearing a pair of cuff links with a Masonic symbol.

'Well done, Brother," said I - So you are 'on the Square' now then, tell me more?

"What?" Said he.

After I'd pointed out the Square and Compasses to him he replied:

"Oh, I bought them from the naval tailors and I thought they were just navigational instruments..."

Parachute wings

Passed All arms course dagger

In Guz last week for my lads ship coming back from Gulf and spotted a matelot in square rig (didnt see his rate or catch his branch badge - it was busy!) wearing a parachute with wings on the upper right sleeve of his No 1's (or whatever they call them nowadays).
I thought 'whats that then!! - flying parachutes?' :)

Latest Threads