Mud Run!

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by The Mother F*cker, May 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  1. Does some one wash their kit for them or just hose them down?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. They get a good hosing down Sumo, like a lot could do with on this site.

Pictured: A Royal Marine Recruit from 128 Troop is hosed down after completing the infamous Mud Run on the River Exe estuary in Devon.
  3. Some waz comments under the article.
    When did they stop the kit muster prior to the start of it, and IIRC we got the option of a gratis one prior to pass out to write the troop number in the estuary?
    But we all know it's not a "real mud run", ask any potential diver.....;-P
  4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

That lot were in Wk 4 of training...... I'm sensing the troop fucked up and are being reminded who's in charge.......

When did boiler suits get issued for mud runs? We had to do it in the good old bottom field rig of beasting jacket, denims and rugby shirt.
  5. That's what the instructor said at the beginning of the clip.
  6. Closest I got to such activities was on the old Ships Divers course at 'Drake' back in the early '70'. We did it in a divers 'Dry suit'....Was just getting to enjoy it when they sent me back to my ship...qualified (though I'm not sure as what)....:grin:...Like being in a big black Durex, but twice as slippery...and considerably less satisfying....:laughing3:
    Last edited: May 4, 2013
  7. Best place to learn and practice 'fire and manoeuvre'
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

On a positive note, I hear it's very good for one's skin.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. It rots the boots though.I did 5 with 922 & 932 in 1970...
  10. We got threatened with a mud run in Blues!! I was laffing as I didn't get mine until King's Squad week
    TT relented after much shouting and cursing, we were marched down over the lines and in for some remedial PT in Bottom Field rig.
    happy days etc.
  11. We used to get a quick dunk in the static tank outside the Gym then into the showers for a good "Dohby"
  12. but good training for the mud skippers,so my cousin says(lt.cdr diver,southern area bds.
  13. OMM

OMM War Hero

Seen some training on the estuary before but couldn't tell if it was a mud run or some sort of officer training as they were carrying logs in teams over the mud.

Looked gruelling anyhow.
  14. Mud fun!

Then of course, there's those that fail........

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  15. we used to do logs,murder ball ,rugby and firemans carrey.Junior and Senior command courses used to go right over to the Plymouth line on the neep tide.
  16. OMM

OMM War Hero

I don't know, I obviously stand to be corrected. I thought they did on the POC.
  17. OMM

OMM War Hero

Yea, oh well.

All I said was it looked gruelling.

I know the logs are used on camp circuits but not that they were taken out onto mud runs.

So OR recruits do occasionally get log and mud runs?
  18. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

We used to run with logs all time and i was a tom. We also had a log display team which i was in. Bloody torture that was.
    • Like Like x 1