Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

MTO mobilisation. Safeguard.

DP - did I see you on the front of two magazines recently?

One was Sports Illustrated showing you in the said basketball attire proudly showing off the very new strip off the "Dubai Dunes" :p

The second was the front of Cosmopolitan dressed in your tux in a somewhat sales type pose, draped over the front of a leather sofa made from the finest camel hide and sipping a glass of red. Im pretting sure it was you as one of the corners of the sofa was supported by JSP440 and I spotted several roles of wallpaper in the background. :lol: :lol: :lol:

brummiebloke said:
DP - did I see you on the front of two magazines recently?

One was Sports Illustrated showing you in the said basketball attire proudly showing off the very new strip off the "Dubai Dunes" :p

The second was the front of Cosmopolitan dressed in your tux in a somewhat sales type pose, draped over the front of a leather sofa made from the finest camel hide and sipping a glass of red. Im pretting sure it was you as one of the corners of the sofa was supported by JSP440 and I spotted several roles of wallpaper in the background. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, not me, that was my body double - I get him to stand in for me from time to time to impress CMR & CINCFLEET (both of whom I understand to be avid Cosmo readers).

My fervent wish is that they will see what I am doing out here, note also my 'extra curricular activities', realise that I my ability to multi-task could ultimately prove embarrassing to those who still remain feebly incapable of lifting a pen and signing their name on a piece of paper and promote me to a position more in keeping with both my financial aspirations and my work ethic.

Sadly it doesn't seem to be working.

Look out for me on the cover of next month's issue of Design Interiors Monthly

Hey DP!!
I hear your man is finally coming out in January?? I see the RN managed to deal with this in "quicktime" !!

By the way if I send you my copy of Design Interiors Montly would you mind adding your signature, I think it may add to its value in years to come when I sell it on Ebay with all my old BR's 8O

brummiebloke said:
Hey DP!!
I hear your man is finally coming out in January?? I see the RN managed to deal with this in "quicktime" !!

By the way if I send you my copy of Design Interiors Montly would you mind adding your signature, I think it may add to its value in years to come when I sell it on Ebay with all my old BR's 8O

Yes, I was absolutely staggered by the lightning speed - delighted also to note that CMR is taking 'duty of care' seriously and making sure that he gets his weapons training in - which is another element in the delay.

Having been here for 3 years now I have almost had to think about whether or not a weapon might be something that could possibly be of fleeting value under some extreme though as yet unrealised circumstances nearly once!

Ref Design Interiors Monthly (DIM) - very happy to sign a copy for you (and I promise to be quicker signing that than DNCM was signing the paperwork for our newbie.)

Lantern Swinger

Been following this thread all thru Ex Boldmaster 06 from somewhere sunny, but didnt take my login details of RR with me so couldnt reply!

Myself and 5 colleagues recently completed the WU-Weekend at Eaglet and were asked "when do you want to go". We put forward our dates then the blanket "no foreign travel coz we're skint" email went out.

By the time things get sorted, we will have probably forgotten every thing again and will therefore have to go thru another WU Weekend.

BTW MTO out there isn't an Exercise, so why is this included in the ban?

Northern_Part_timer said:
BTW MTO out there isn't an Exercise, so why is this included in the ban?

Deployments to UKMTO Dubai are in training billets (even when we have been relying on people to fill the manning gap since last May and even when someone deploys as leave cover - don't ask me why, a decision from DNCM who clearly don't have a clue as to what we are doing here and why!)

Anyway, the reason why deployments here have fallen under the travel axe is because people come here 'under training' and are therefore grouped into the 'Exercise' box.

For more equally un-funny jokes, check out your Christmas crackers next month!

DP - surely if its an operational billet that is gapped then "allowances" should be made for that fact and cost of flights comes out of Fleets budget??

Could undertand if you were fully manned then it is a "training" budget but common sense dictates that filling a gapped role is not training??

Oh yes, answered my own question now havent I, "common sense" sums it up realy.

brummiebloke said:
DP - surely if its an operational billet that is gapped then "allowances" should be made for that fact and cost of flights comes out of Fleets budget??

Could undertand if you were fully manned then it is a "training" budget but common sense dictates that filling a gapped role is not training??

Oh yes, answered my own question now havent I, "common sense" sums it up realy.

Yes - sad isn't it - no matter how hard you try those two words are like positive and negatively charged magnets - they will NOT come together.

The decision is somewhere at Paragraph 18 subsection 33b of the 'we can really spoil your day manual' and so be it.

Anyway, think of me when Christmas comes round - I have got myself a monster sized Xmas pudding and intend to eat myself stupid on my own, all by myself, without anyone here to help out, lonely but ... magnificently focused on maintaining a stiff upper lip and doing what we Brits do so well in hot countries (no, not that you twat, keeping good order and discipline against the uncivilised hordes who would destroy all that we hold sacred!)

dubaipusser said:
(no, not that you twat, keeping good order and discipline against the uncivilised hordes who would destroy all that we hold sacred!)

DP, you have my sincere condolences - I never realised that you'd got Members of Parliament out there too!

FlagWagger said:
dubaipusser said:
(no, not that you twat, keeping good order and discipline against the uncivilised hordes who would destroy all that we hold sacred!)

DP, you have my sincere condolences - I never realised that you'd got Members of Parliament out there too!

The first bloody MP who crosses my path and asks what I think will get both barrels - pillocks the lot of them (regardless of political colour)

dubaipusser said:
FlagWagger said:
dubaipusser said:

The first bloody MP who crosses my path and asks what I think will get both barrels - pillocks the lot of them (regardless of political colour)

Awww come on DP, don't beat about the bush. Just say what you think!!!

brummiebloke said:
DP, I hope you like xmas pud :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually I can't stand the stuff but it's one of those things you have to do at Xmas isn't it - like getting drunk and insulting the family.

No DP - do not go with the flow! I always have chocolate pudding because I cannot stand xmas pud - all those dead flies - eeeeuuuuwwww. My fave comes from M&S and has this melt in the middle stuff, top it off with proper clotted cream and its better than sex!

Latest Threads