Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

MTO mobilisation. Safeguard.

DP - obviously there is a shortage of ink within the RN/RNR and your man got so pi55ed off he went to play with his crayons instead.

Does that mean you are looking for somone else now?

Not looking for anyone else - we know who we want (and he knows we still want him) and are just waiting for the red tape to get untangled (though it would be useful to know where the tangle is!!!)

In the meantime can someone pass me another roll of wallpaper?

RC - VMT for passing on the sentiments from the Chamber of Shipping.

We are also (apparently) very much in CINCFLEET's good books which is a good thing and very reassuring because I would hate to think of the sort of support we would get if he didn't value us.

To add to that, the IMWARC is now pushing MTO as a critical factor to be considered for planning. Interestingly the RN seems to be going where the RNR went some years ago.

Sorry to wander off topic just a tad ... did anyone else go to RTO(N) this weekend? any thoughts?

Are you planning to do the MTO National weekend in January?

Jim30 said:
To add to that, the IMWARC is now pushing MTO as a critical factor to be considered for planning. Interestingly the RN seems to be going where the RNR went some years ago.

I have to say it has been brilliant being in at the beginning of the major reawakening of the RN to the importance of merchant shipping (and the maritime industry generally) not simply as 'things that get in the way of a good naval action' but also provide the principal (365 days of every year) justification for the existence of the RN - to protect the Sea lanes of Communication for a nation that relies on the sea for 98% of its visible trade.

And before anyone jumps in with any comments about me making too big a song and dance about MTO/NCAGS, that was the gist of comments made by a very senior visiting Admiral earlier this year.

how's the wallpaper hanging going DP??
hope you havent stepped off that ladder again and are now permantently attached to a bucket of paste!!! :roll:

I'll have you know there is no such thing as a useless BR or DCM or any other Naval publication for that matter. They serve a multitude of hugely useful purposes. Indeed were it not for Chapters 1 - 5 of BR60 my dining table would have a distinctly jaunty list to it.

And as for height - OK so I may not be a striking 6 footer but 5' 10 5/8" does just as well (though I may never get a highly paid job as a male model or basketball player).

RC - I don't think it counts as a sense of humour - more likely hysteria setting in - I have started dodging behind pillars whenever I see ambulances or men in white coats.

Latest Threads