Mrs Clarkson and H4H

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by asst_dep_to_dep_asst, Dec 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

Nice of Ben's lass to **** off, because she 'couldn't handle his injuries'. Makes you feel confident in the sourness of the milk of human kindness. I've seen him about HC during the past few weeks and he is a true battler, however the fact that his legs are missing, his life is fucked and the MOD value his bad luck almost four times less than some wench with a poorly thumb must pale into insignificance compared to the fact that his bird won't care for him as long as he is alive. No wonder forces people top themselves. I bet she was over the moon to have herself a bloke in uniform ... now his uniform doesn't quite fit him and he has to have people tie his shoes and do his buttons, the novelty has worn off somewhat.

Kenny Rogers wrote a poignant ode to the very same in 'Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town.' One day karma will catch up with her.

2. Sorry mate, she might not have done a very nice thing, but I wouldn't wish Karma on my worst enemy. :yawn:
  3. Excellent article,hope it makes people think more about our service people and what they do and have to go through.
  4. That brought a tear to the eye
  5. I know have a different outlook on Mr Clarkson. Always thought he was just a whizz bang kid.

Perhaps Mr Blair would like to make a donation from the millions he has just been given from the sale of his book

Long time ago watched a movie about a returning US marine WW2 based on a true story. He dumped his girlfriend stating on the phone he no longer loved her she was devastated. She called he would not answer the door.

Finally she met him again with his now amputated arms. I cannot even fasten my shirt he told her or tie my shoe lace's. I can fasten your shirt and tie your shoe laces she told him. And they lived happily ever after. It was a tissue movie!
  6. I can't believe on of the readers comments going on about if it wasn't for the wars these people wouldn't be a liability to themselves or others

How can someone say such a thing
  7. Because they are shite!

These are the knobheads that mouth of about the expense of keeping a military. If they where in a hostage situation and the lads where outside waiting to do the business to the naughty people it would be different then.
  8. Exactly what I said til it effects tem they don't care
  9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Erm, if he has no arms how does he pick up the 'phone?! I mean, he can't answer the door, so... :?

Surely "without" his amputated arms - unless he keeps them in a box somewhere... 8O

:lol: :wink:
  10. Good article. I noticed that Jeremy had one of those support the forces wrist bands on last weeks Top Gear when he was ragging some car around the track. I wasn't aware that he supported the forces so well. BZ Jezza & Mrs C!
  11. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

A lot of his books have some reference to militaria; he also did a great documentary on BBC last year about VC heroes (one of whom was his Father-in-Law).
  12. And the Raid on St Nazaire (that was the U-Boat pen Raid, right?) programme he did was very good, I never realised just how many acts of sheer bravery were done that day, and all they have is a small memorial to it.

Plus he does put the forces on Top Gear alot in a good light, although its a gain for Top Gear, it is good PR for all three services.

And as I saw somewhere else on this forum, BZ also to James May and Al Murray (the Pub Landlord), who have/are going to visit Headley Court for Help for Heroes.
  13. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Clarksons a good egg, one of the few "celebs" I'd gladdly have a pint with. He has high lighted HC and the forces. Good on him.
  14. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

Let it be said that amongst the other slebs there I saw:

Annika Rice (age shall not wither her)
    Richard Hammond
    The twins Sam and Amanda from Big Brother 8 (sweet lasses really and tres pretty)
    John Terry

also, Al Murray and few are going back there on 17th Dec for their Xmas shindig

Also playing the other night at their CSE show:

Paul Tonkinson (very good compere)
    Ed Byrne (******* hilarious)
    The CSE dancers
    and a band called Electric Mayhem, who were superb VFM.

Credit to them all, people.

Be nice if some journos and more slebs paid them a visit, like. The teddy-bear picnic is now over, we're tired of Donorgate and for christs sake, shut up about house prices.

15. The only problem with "visits" is that they can get too time-consuming, remembering that the Unit being visited has a job to do. It'd be fine if the visitors were content with nipping in at visiting time, but when the visitor expects a red carpet (and they invariably do), it takes too many peoples' eye off the ball. The ball, in this case, is treating people who have been injured in Service, not the assorted egos of Pollies, senior military bods and their spouses, talking heads from the telly, chefs who swear a lot, the list goes on......High level interest is fantastic news, but it all needs perspective.