MQ's in Plymouth Area

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by Mrsbandy, May 6, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

I'm the wife of a RM Bandsman and we're going to plymouth. Can anyone tell me where the married quarters are for being based in plymouth/Raleigh please, or what the housing situation is like?

Would really appreciate any help!

2. There are quite a few areas of MQ in the outskirts of Plymouth. Eggbuckland, Plymstock, Plympton to name a few. Most are standard 3 bed council style houses with small garden. If they don't have any houses to suit your needs ie your only eligable for 2 bed but they only have 3 beds you will be put in 3 bed at 2 bed rates. Also if no MQ's available then they will put in private but you will pay the rate you would pay if in MQ.

There were a few available in the Plympton area not so long ago although not sure currently. Plympton is a nice area in my opinion.

Sooner your hubby gets on it, sooner you can source a MQ.
  3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Click on the Families button at the top of the page, no doubt the ladies on there will assist.
  4. There are also quarters in Torpoint, about 5 mins walk from Raleigh main gate. Not in quarters myself so I have no idea what the availability is.

I did live in Plympton before I moved out into the sticks a bit though and it's not a bad area. About 40-50 mins to Raleigh though, depending on traffic.