MP'S get pay rise of 2.33%

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by YouAreHavingALaugh, Mar 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Still makes me laugh everytime someone mentions her. Can't belive my bonehead parents voted her into power withing her constiuency. I recon they are regretting that now.

2. I'm not sure that the other options were any better to be honest. Shall we just ask the Queen to sort it all out for us?

3. I don't think the queen has that sort of power any more. Well not since charles the 1st, And his son Charles the 2nd.

4. I got 1.25% & a 1.25% bonus. Better than a kick in the nads in the current climate.

5. Only the Sovereign can summon Parliament, prorogue (i.e. discontinue without dissolving it) and dissolve it. When a prime minister wishes to dissolve Parliament and call a general election, he or she is obliged to seek the permission of the Sovereign to do so.

The Queen retains certain residual powers, notably to appoint a prime minister, and to decide whether or not to grant a dissolution of Parliament. The prime minister is normally the leader of the party which has a majority in Parliament, but there could still be exceptional circumstances when The Queen might need to exercise the discretion she still retains to ensure that her Government is carried on.

6. 2.33%, not bad work if you can get it! While the AFPRB dick around and um and errr about how much the MOD should get for putting their lives on the line, Smith and Co get theirs pretty quickly. (WAIN KERRS) :angryfire:

7. Perhaps MPs should be paid in food stamps and the like? That way we know exactly how much of their money is going where. I am of the belief that an MP should serve their country (much like our brave men and women are doing abroad) rather than the country serving them.

8. Oooo, lucky you. I'm at the top of my pay scale have been awarded 1% a year for 3 years plus an annual bonus (before tax) of £122! :razz: Sooooo rewarding. :roll: Better than the last three years though when my pay was frozen - that was before the economic catastrophe! Can't really complain though: I enjoy my work.

9. The AFPRB submitted their report on the 29th of January to the Government. Its not their fault its the w*nkers at Westminster.

10. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

BONUS! you've only been there about a week, was it for drawing quickly?

I got 2 bonuses, 1.5% and 1.5% plus a 2.5% rise, I love civvy street should have done this years ago :lol:

11. No, good looking pay!!! and cut and pasting!!!

12. Well, they've got to get the money in for their resettlement grants they will receive when most of them lose their seats next year!

:evil:

13. 2% raise and a 10% bonus :)

And yes, it would have taken me another 10 years to reach this level of pay, oh and I enjoy the job as well...

14. It could be worse. You all could be forced to go to a Phil Collins concert.