MP's expenses how do they manage

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by trelawney126, Mar 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Sometimes I find it deeply regrettable that these members of society dont have their name on a board commemorating still born children.
  3. No I don't. Hate them all. (appreciate your comment was tongue in cheek, I just feel the need to make that statement whenever I can)
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Guzzles, why don't you stand? Seriously. I know our views are poles apart but I admire Dennis Skinner for his no free lunch and turn to every day in the House mantra.

A fellow ex Gollie I joined up with is a Guzz councillor now.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  5. would he now be a Marriage Councillor for Matelots wives.
    "Did you marry a knight in shining armour, or a twat in tinfoil?" Down to earth advice.

6. Johnny Bramham? Remember him? What a tool. Ex matelots would make good MPs, they're used to claiming expenses for everything.

As an aside, I would genuinely consider standing if I didn't have far too many 'ahem' skeletons in my closet.
  7. From what I have 'seen' of certain politicians, a certain fee seems to ensure that the closet remains shut. However, you are then encouraged to vote the 'right way' ....
  8. I bet you wished you'd never mentioned that bint from Middlesborough and the Travelodge incident...:hump:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Thought about standing, then realised I could'nt lie with a straight face. How about a public holiday for Guy Fawkes, the last person to enter Westminster with honourable intentions.
  10. When it cames to MP's there are very few I would piss on if they were on fire. The exception is Frank Fields a top bloke, just a pity he's labour
  11. Up until now I was of the opinion that IPSA were a roll over for the MPs but I am very much encouraged by this dripping MP that they are giving claims all due scrutiny.The MPs have very short memories and have somehow forgotten that the reason they have the system now in place was because a large majority of them were playing fast and loose with the old system.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  14. I would make a cracking Conservative, a number 10 would shake em up.
  15. Don`t stop at one , make a few.
    It might remind `em what they used to stand for.
  16. Aye. ......................
  17. Well I'm glad we were never co defendants at the table mate.
    With your criteria in mind I would reach the premier spot in but a few years, I have never suffered with such a handicap.