Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by slim, Jul 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If anything happens it'll probably end up half baked, populist and full of loopholes.

Of course when you look at their reasoning, they're asking for simplification, which is entirely appropriate, the system is massibly complex. Complex systems are far easier to exploit than simple ones.
  2. I feel the answer is a single seemless system from benefit into taxation. If you are unemployed/able you get sufficient from the pot to survive, as you contribute to your own income you lose not the whole of your input but say 75% so every pound you earn makes a profit for you, and as your earning increase then you eventually move out of getting support into providing support. Such a scheme would make the benefit trap a thing of the past and because earning is always profitable will encourage earning.
  3. I would love it if a clause was put in to say that the tax payer could say where his/her individual tax should go. I would also like a receipt from the tax man as well to say where MINE has been spent and on whom and why!!!!
    One thing with this global warming.......we won't need to be sending aid to Africa for much longer.......most of them will be in Europe....and most likely here!
  4. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

IMHO one basic and obvious thing to do is to raise the bottom Income Tax threshold dramatically, which would also reduce the number of minor accounts HMCR have to chase up.