Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MPs being treated like Jews in Nazi Germany claims MP

A bit desperate to compare the rightful pulling up of himself and his thieving cronies to the workings of the Nazi party. This is voters in what thinks of itself as the exemplar of parliamentary democracy telling its elected representatives that stealing the electorate's money is unacceptable, even to pay your own company for "services".

The only reason this has developed into a witchunt is there are witches to be hunted. MPs had plenty of chances to set their own house in order, but instead spent the time trying to stop us seeing what they had been up too. Yes some may be unfairly put upon by the new rules but that is not our or those brought in to report on them's fault. It is the fault of those who have ripped the tax payer off consistantly for the last 12 years and that seems to be for starters many of the cabinet one way or another.

Yes there have been a few ;spectaculars' like duck houses and moats but the reality has been the subtle choice of main residences, creative subsistance and effective self certification. Under Blair the expenses system, like many other aspects of government over the period became rotten, and like it or not MPs will suffer as a result, even the good ones. If they want to complain they can start with ex speaker Martin and then progress down the list of those who have ripped us off like Blair , Brown etc etc. (ps how did Mr Blair build up his property empire whilst supposedly working full time as ourt PM)

Coventry_Kid

Midshipman
David Wilshire, with his nose deep in the trough, is lucky not to be prosecuted.

But if it was he who introduced clause 28, forbidding councils from promoting homosexuality, it just goes to show that he's not all bad is he?

TerryB

Badgeman
If they put their snouts in the trough they are only getting what they deserve.
I am disgusted that they still feel hard done by and are going to dispute the expenses reforms proposed by Sir Christopher Kelly by appointing their own "Independant Review Body". Take a look at the membership of this so called Independant Review Body.
I am also disgusted that there is one party that has 5 MPs who have yet to take up their seats because they refuse to swear allegance to the crown. I respect their freedom of choice in this matter but object to them accepting three quarters of a million pounds per year is salary and expenses for Sweet F>>> All. I shan't say the name of the party but one of them is also taking a salary as Deputy of the Northern ireland Assembly.
So much for us not treating with terrorists.

Flagdeck

War Hero
Every time these parasites bleat on about how unfair the world is to them another nail goes in the coffin... they just don't get it.
After the longest summer break in parliamentary history, unemployment at unacceptable levels, violence on the streets, uncontrolled immigration, bodies coming home daily from Afghan. All they care about is their soddin' expenses. Come the 5th of Nov..... Guy Fawkes.... I wish !!!

trelawney126

War Hero
Maxi_77 said:
The only reason this has developed into a witchunt is there are witches to be hunted. MPs had plenty of chances to set their own house in order, but instead spent the time trying to stop us seeing what they had been up too. Yes some may be unfairly put upon by the new rules but that is not our or those brought in to report on them's fault. It is the fault of those who have ripped the tax payer off consistantly for the last 12 years and that seems to be for starters many of the cabinet one way or another.

Yes there have been a few ;spectaculars' like duck houses and moats but the reality has been the subtle choice of main residences, creative subsistance and effective self certification. Under Blair the expenses system, like many other aspects of government over the period became rotten, and like it or not MPs will suffer as a result, even the good ones. If they want to complain they can start with ex speaker Martin and then progress down the list of those who have ripped us off like Blair , Brown etc etc. (ps how did Mr Blair build up his property empire whilst supposedly working full time as ourt PM)

Blair was too clever he "accidently" shredded all his expenses and sensitive incriminating documents!

finknottle

Banned
Flagdeck said:
It's WILSHIRE, fink, ... Wiltshire's a county... a long, long way from the 'hame land' :wink:

I will have to stand on my lid and give myself a bollocking for lack of attention to detail. :)

NotmeChief

Banned
MPs being treated like Jews in Nazi Germany claims MP

So whats all this bollocks about holocausts then, if the jews were given all those expenses and houses and duck platforms, what they all complaining about.

Cameron has forced Wilshire to apologise.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/uk_politics/8337897.stm

BBC Online said:
...in a later statement, Mr Wilshire said: "In a reply to very unpleasant e-mails from about half a dozen people... I did refer to the Holocaust. I was not seeking to equate what is happening to MPs with the Holocaust.

"I was simply warning that history teaches that the sentiments expressed in such e-mails can lead to horrendous consequences.

"So, if anyone finds my response to these emails inappropriate I apologise unreservedly. The last thing I want to do is upset anyone.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS MPs to transfer sanctions power to independent panel MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Remarks for opening of MPs’ Dialogue On Human Rights, Good Governance and Development MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Liam Fox launches toolkit for MPs to help boost UK exports MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Accelerated degrees approved by MPs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Scottish Secretary urges MPs to vote for PM’s Brexit deal MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: PM speech at reception for Women MPs of the World conference: 7 November 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: MPs pay respect at Guards Chapel service MoD News 0
soleil BBC: "MPs 'Concerned' Over Defence Cuts" MoD News 19
soleil Telegraph: "'Too Many Quitting Forces' MPs Warn" Current Affairs 40
T MPs show a list of veterans in the House of Commons MoD News 0
soleil Times: "MPs Want To Read The Small Print In £440m Army Recruits Deal" Current Affairs 11
trelawney126 BBC: "Joint Strike Fighter Decision Was Flawed, MPs Say" The Fleet Air Arm 6
soleil Navy News: Sailors ‘Cheered All The Way’ Through London As MPs Thank Them The Fleet 2
soleil Mail: "Britain Will Be Without Any Fully-Working Carriers Until 2030, MPs Warn" The Fleet 11
sgtpepperband Torygraph: "Female Czech MPs pose for calendar" Current Affairs 11
soleil Guardian: MPs: "Gov. 'disingenuous' over defence shortfall" Current Affairs 0
H MPs' Not Real Medals (Merged Outrage Bus Trips) Current Affairs 28
T MPs new accomodation unveiled by Kelly..... Diamond Lil's 1
T "Corrupt" MPs may lose golden handshakes Current Affairs 3
T Scams purporting to come from Parliament/MPs Current Affairs 3
T MPs Pensions and more.... Current Affairs 0
T Ctte on Standards in Public Life's inquiry into MPs expenses Current Affairs 0
T One rule for the public and SME and another for MPs? Current Affairs 2
slim Online MPs expenses Current Affairs 23
NotmeChief Not just MPs, have a look at your councillor. Current Affairs 1
T MPs Expenses - Have your say Current Affairs 71
JaFAA MPs using our taxes as 'allowances'. And other *********. Diamond Lil's 7
B Iraq MPs reject law on British troops Current Affairs 3
oberon MPs keep the John Lewis list Current Affairs 36
T MPs continue to seek non-disclosure... Current Affairs 1
T Baker Review of MPs Pay published Current Affairs 3
sgtpepperband Defence company's privatisation attacked by MPs Current Affairs 4
T Government offices waste £325 a year say MPs.... Diamond Lil's 3
T MPs recommend adding relatives to Register of Interests Diamond Lil's 0