MPGS?

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by buffer01, Jun 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anybody know why Dad's Army on the gate have changed beret's from green to the coveted dark blue? In fact some of the guys are wearing what looks like Matelot Beret's and other those black ones that Tanky wear.

2. Bootnecks have obviously kicked up a stink!! God forbid they should wear a GREEN Beret!

3. In this day of equal opportunities may I suggest that they wear pink berets, with a nice pompom of course.

4. The Army Int Corps (contradiction in terms) wear a green beret too

5. An oxymoron?

6. But they are known as "Slime" rather than "Green Death". Bit of a difference there :afro:

7. but then they will get mistaken for an infantry unit

8. Was told that some army units with no identity as such, wear the colour beret of the unit they're attached to, which would perhaps explain the blue. Not sure if this is true or if I was had on a bite...

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

But, but.... I thought MPGS were all, All-Arms trained, hence the lovely green beret?

I'll have to ask the next Royal I see tomorrow, I'm sure they'll know whether I'm right or not.

How dare they wear the coveted Blue Beret- I did 8 weeks 'on the' HMS Raleigh to earn that. How dare they?

I'd write to my MP to complain if I knew who he/she was & I was not actually on the electoral roll for poll-tax avoidance measures.

10. As do the Adjutant Generals Corps, standfast the MPs.

It is a slightly different shade though ;)

11. Don't forget the Rifles (4th MU, 3 Commando Brigade, [Baggage Train])
    Standfast Wessex man.
    NZB

12. I like the new colour it takes me back to me navy days, much better than green.
    The new color has somthing to do with the agc.

tara shipmates

bully

13. i think i saw drafts for ABs to do guard stints for few months .maybe to cover shortages.

14. Maybe finally a job for the RNR