MP employs daughter.... what about Noobs too?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by thingy, Nov 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Of course! What are taxpayers for, after all?

2. Certainly not! When I was a nozzer....

0 vote(s)
  3. Ooooo errrrrrr

0 vote(s)
  1. More food for thought.....

Nadine Dorries employs daughter, fresh from uni, in £28K a year job... :roll:

Perhaps service personnel should be allowed to employ members of their families at the taxpayers expense?

Should noobs now be allowed to employ their mums for the household chores: cleaning ship, dhobeying, ironing duvets, tucking them into bed, etc?
  2. of course we should be allowed, how else do you expect us to get dressed in the morning?
  3. To be honest I have little problem with MPs employing family members at our expense, as in many cases they do represent good value for money. There does howver have to be some test of reasonableness, both in the person employed, the job, and the remuneration. If Mz Dorries daughter is qualified for the post, is being paid at the going rate and actually does the work then why should she not get the job, but of course in the present climate one does wonder just how well the dear girl does justify the job.
  4. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

In the House of Commons nepotism should never be allowed. End of.
  5. Although it smacks of nepotism I wonder how many of us when put in the same position would not want to give one of our own children the chance to do some paid work rather than have them mooching around the house all day running up the bills.I would question the size of the salary for someone on their first job however and the matter could have been handled more tactfully.
  6. Handling things more tactfully is NOT something most MPs actually understand. :wink:
  7. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

If anyone (not over 25) wants to send their mum around to mine to sort my kit out for Remembrance sunday, please PM me with her vitals and a picture. No hounds. (What am i saying? Heartbeat is optional)