MP defends quad bike on expenses

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by slim, May 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now it would seem that MPs can by anything they wish on expenses so long as they can justify the purchase.
    Your task is to submit an application for an item you really want to own and along with the item a valid :) reason why pusser should pay for it. :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6673989.stm

2. What is far more disgusting is that this is the prat who organised the vote to make MPs expense claims state secrets.

Perhaps Westminster should take a leaf out it's sprog up here's book. Rather than waiting for FOI request for MSPs expenses the Scottish Parliament publishes them regularly on the internet.

http://mspallowances.scottish.parliament.uk/MSPAllowances/

3. Agreed Peter
    However what would you like on expenses and your reason.

I would like a 42" LCD television. This would enable me to see the expressions on politicians faces more clearly and determine as to whether they were telling the truth on the odd occasion.

4. These are the same Jodrell Bankers who state you can and will live on one hundred pounds a week. Regardles of rent,electricity,gas and other luxury items.

5. Me I'd like a 35 ft yacht so I can go somewhere warm in the winter and keep away from that lot, oh and the cash to run it.

6. The very same people who spun our pay increases into 3.5% last year and 4.75% this year, when in reality many of us got around 0.5% (top of pay scale)! I opened a new ISA earlier this year and the clerk behind the counter assumed that I was working part-time, not full-time! :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Perhaps he mistook you working full-time with being paid full-time... :twisted: