Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MP defends quad bike on expenses

slim

War Hero
Maxi_77 said:
What is far more disgusting is that this is the prat who organised the vote to make MPs expense claims state secrets.

Perhaps Westminster should take a leaf out it's sprog up here's book. Rather than waiting for FOI request for MSPs expenses the Scottish Parliament publishes them regularly on the internet.

http://mspallowances.scottish.parliament.uk/MSPAllowances/

Agreed Peter
However what would you like on expenses and your reason.

I would like a 42" LCD television. This would enable me to see the expressions on politicians faces more clearly and determine as to whether they were telling the truth on the odd occasion.

These are the same Jodrell Bankers who state you can and will live on one hundred pounds a week. Regardles of rent,electricity,gas and other luxury items.

slim said:
Maxi_77 said:
What is far more disgusting is that this is the prat who organised the vote to make MPs expense claims state secrets.

Perhaps Westminster should take a leaf out it's sprog up here's book. Rather than waiting for FOI request for MSPs expenses the Scottish Parliament publishes them regularly on the internet.

http://mspallowances.scottish.parliament.uk/MSPAllowances/

Agreed Peter
However what would you like on expenses and your reason.

I would like a 42" LCD television. This would enable me to see the expressions on politicians faces more clearly and determine as to whether they were telling the truth on the odd occasion.

Me I'd like a 35 ft yacht so I can go somewhere warm in the winter and keep away from that lot, oh and the cash to run it.

Backpacker1uk said:
These are the same Jodrell Bankers who state you can and will live on one hundred pounds a week. Regardles of rent,electricity,gas and other luxury items.

The very same people who spun our pay increases into 3.5% last year and 4.75% this year, when in reality many of us got around 0.5% (top of pay scale)! I opened a new ISA earlier this year and the clerk behind the counter assumed that I was working part-time, not full-time! :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Always_a_Civvy said:
I opened a new ISA earlier this year and the clerk behind the counter assumed that I was working part-time, not full-time! :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

Perhaps he mistook you working full-time with being paid full-time... :twisted:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Sailor defends base in Helmand from attack Current Affairs 5
soleil D. Record: Sub Captain defends £1bn vessel despite problems Submariners 4
soleil 1SL defends Navy and insists Britain must keep 'hard power' Current Affairs 16
soleil Guzz "Eco-warrior defends naval base nuclear sub scrap plan" Submariners 2
trelawney126 Minister defends MOD Appeal for Compensation Current Affairs 0
slim Ryanair chief defends on-board toilet charge Diamond Lil's 10
5dits China defends ambition to build aircraft carriers Current Affairs 11
RumCorps Royal Navy Defends Halloween Sex Orgy Diamond Lil's 8
MoD_RSS Joint Statement Following Covid-19 Quad Meeting MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Yemen Quad meeting in London - joint declaration MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Jeremy Hunt to chair Yemen Quad meeting on next steps in peace process MoD News 0
ISeeThreeShips Streaking Round The Quad! The Internet - Best and Worst 1
MoD_RSS First far north “blood bike” named MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK shows pedal power as bike exports rise MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: £6.8 million boost to help thousands more rail commuters travel by bike MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Government ushers in new era of green commutes with e-bike Cycle to Work scheme MoD News 0
Dabs Bike Ride Miscellaneous 4
MoD_RSS Press release: British Bike exports soar as the UK's best head for Manchester MoD News 0
P HMS Sultan bike storage Health & Fitness 0
MoD_RSS News story: Commuting by bike to become easier in new year following funding boost MoD News 0
L Taking my bike with me Travel & The Great Outdoors 15
AAF Wiggy Bike. Diamond Lil's 3
S 100 Mile Bike Ride Charity 9
janner Charity Bike Run Charity 0
F Minister who calls police 'pleb' seen stealing Granville's bike from Arkwrights shop. Current Affairs 35
janner For Bike lovers everywhere Diamond Lil's 1
Chalky HM AMBUSH Barrow to Derby Bike Ride - A sponsorship plea. Charity 0
T The Old Bike Miscellaneous 0
2_deck_dash Bike insurance WTF!? Motoring 29
speppy2316 mountain bike sponsors Sports and Adventure Training 11
8 Motor bike Jolly at Mod and Tax payers expense The Fleet Air Arm 22
M Broken Hand Fter falling from bike Health & Fitness 7
C falling of my bike :l The Internet - Best and Worst 5
soleil Red Arrows - H4H Bike Ride w/Ross Kemp - May 24th - Pompey Charity 6
BusterQuin Guzz Bike Show in Aid of the Poppy Appeal Motoring 3
GashHand Buying a new bike. Motoring 20
S Bike Advice Motoring 9