Moving AFCO's

Discussion in 'RMR' started by C40235, Feb 14, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I intend on applying for the RMR in June (as it will have been six months since dropping out of the regular application process) at an AFCO in Manchester. However I start university down in London in September, so is it possible to start the process in Manchester and then change AFCO's when I get down to London, or should I just start the application process when I get to London?

Also how long would I be looking at with regards to holding troop, PRMRC and getting into a recruit troop, if I was to apply in June or September?

Thank you
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If you are not intending moving until September, then you need to get the application going again before you get to London as there may well be a Recruit Troop starting in September/October so you need to get your "ducks in a row" so that when you arrive at London you've passed everything and are ready to take PRMRC upon arrival and commence RMR Recruit Training immediately after.

Your application is probably best transferred after successfully completing the PJFT.

Good luck.
  3. Thanks a lot, so there'll be no issues with the AFCO if I transfer with regards to paperwork and things like that. However, could I still apply now, even though I dropped out of the regular application process recently? (failed PRMC in december, was given the option to try again in six months but decided to take up a uni offer) Doesn't six months have to elapse?
  4. Ninja_Stoker

To be honest, if you've already passed the Recruiting Test, Interview, Medical & PJFT there ain't much more you can do before you get to London. You'll need to start Security Clearance if you haven't already, but the odds are you already have it.

The bits that "time expire" are Recruiting Test 3 years, PJFT & Security Clearance 1 year and Medical if you have been to see your GP or A&E since being passed fit last time.

You are probably just as well advising your original AFCO of your intention to restart the application for RMR on arrival in London so they can forward your paper documents when you get there.
  5. Really? Even if I've dropped out of the process, I can still go back to them and restart it from where I left off with out having to redo all the tests and the medical?
  6. Ninja_Stoker

7. Great, but just one last question. When would be the best time to re apply?
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Immediately upon arrival in London so that the documentation can be forwarded in time to meet the Recruit Troop intake. Some units may only have one annual intake, so you could face a long wait otherwise - you need to be at PRMC fitness upon arrival.