Movie Review - 007 or is it?

PussersMuddle

Midshipman
Ok, went to see the new Bond movie last night and IMHO was whole-heartedly dissapointing.

Not once was the Senior Service mentioned (unless I missed it), knowing the association Cdr Bond has with all things Naval (& Navel), this was a poor do.

If you expecting a 007 movie dont bother. No gadgets, no Q, no bald megalomaniacs with white cats, no underground bunkers, no L A S E R S, and only on Bond Babe.

May as well have been 'some other movie'.

andym

War Hero
Its got no WOW factor,just another run of the mill ovehyped Spy movie in my opinion.Now were being bombarded with the latest installment of Ms Rowlings warped imagination!And theres still another 2 films at least to go!!!!

Brains

Lantern Swinger
PussersMuddle said:
No gadgets, no Q, no bald megalomaniacs with white cats, no underground bunkers, no L A S E R S, and only on Bond Babe.

May as well have been 'some other movie'.
That's the way Ian Fleming wrote it shippers. Is it not a 'true' Bond film because it is true(ish) to the book?

Maybe the answer is 'no'. Nobody really knows the books any more, just the films, so do we like Ian Fleming's Bond, or do we only like Holywood's (OK and Pinewood's) Bond?

Well first of all I strenuously object to this being in 'pointless junk'. And its the best since Sean - maybe better - no silly smooth guys who never sweat and act with their eyebrows. This is REAL. Hmmmmmm can't wait for the next two - oh and he looks like an ex-boyfriend ... Vesper is the only Bond girl I have ever wanted to be (apart from Ursula and that was for all the wrong/right reasons).

I think the bond film was great.

just because I'm FAA i dont mean the trunks on beach scene - that definitely one for the stewards.

with the introduction of AGI 66 - local punishment execution, i have now found that a monkeys fist and a pussers chair will now be the ideal punishment for being 10 minutes adrift.

alll i ned now is a dabber to get me a rope and bring on defaulters table
F

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
higthepig Flight Deck Movie.............. Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 108
skyvet Movie : Hunter Killer Submariners 3
higthepig Movie night The Quarterdeck 2
C NAVY MOVIE! Miscellaneous 16
BillyNoMates THAT movie. Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 5
janner The Movie Test Miscellaneous 19
BillyNoMates Movie re-makes. Diamond Lil's 22
MoD_RSS Intelligence unit deployed to Afghanistan as movie about WWII predecessor hits the sc Current Affairs 0
M worst movie scenes ever. Hobbies & The Great Indoors 1
stan_the_man When did you see your first blue movie Diamond Lil's 58
4to8 Tonights Movie "Tuts in Boots" The Gash Barge 9
higthepig To-nights Flight Deck Movie - Toxic Avenger Diamond Lil's 2
Ballistic Movie tonight Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 5
higthepig Flight Deck Movie Diamond Lil's 5
higthepig To-nights Hangar Movie Diamond Lil's 1
higthepig To-nights short flight deck movie, Mutiny on the Bunny. Diamond Lil's 1
higthepig To-nights movie Diamond Lil's 4
higthepig Flight Deck Movie The Quarterdeck 16
The_Wonderer Favourite movie scenes? Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 35
higthepig To-nights Movie Diamond Lil's 0
T Photos wanted to make movie History 0
T Can you help with my movie History 0
higthepig Flight Deck Movie Diamond Lil's 9
navyeo60 Button Boy Ganges....... The Movie History 4
Ships_Cat Favourite movie line Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 100
T War Memories movie History 1
A Movie Stars Submariners 32
H Another funny movie The Quarterdeck 1
H Funny short movie The Quarterdeck 1
Jarhead Was watching the movie Memphis Belle on saturday... History 69
geoffg Quick Time movie conversion Site Issues 6
N Royal Navy "The Movie" The Fleet 28
MoD_RSS Committee on Standards in Public Life announces landscape review of public standards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS My Space Housing Solutions’ grading under review MoD News 0
MoD_RSS John Penrose MP to lead review exploring how to bolster UK competition policy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Results of independent review into quality of council audits published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government launches review into future offshore oil and gas licensing regime MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMT launches review of Pool Reinsurance Limited MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The importance of having a lawyer for a parole review - CEO blog MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COVID-19 health disparity review: letter to stakeholders MoD News 0
soleil Armed Forces’ Pay Review Body - Forty-Ninth Report - July 2020 The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS Government launches independent panel to look at judicial review MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Review of electoral regulation: written evidence MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK-Indonesia Joint Trade Review: second round of discussions MoD News 0
soleil Armed Forces Pay Review Body - 49th Report - 2020 Finance & Pensions 3
MoD_RSS Priti Patel to give public greater say over policing through PCC review MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Windrush Lessons Learned Review update MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chancellor launches Comprehensive Spending Review MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Review launched to boost UK Fintech sector MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GCA welcomes findings of second statutory review MoD News 0