Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Stirling, Aug 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From this ground floor flat, Joe public used the wall under my lounge window as loo.

View from rear lounge window, behind that wall is a 1000 plus pupil senior school.

I have moved to this bungalow.

Brand new galley.

With this view from lounge

25/07 Bid for property

2359 26/07 this weeks bidding closes.

28/07 call from Yorkshire Housing informing me that property is mine and that they would visit me the next day to start paperwork.

1/08 Viewed property and accepted PDQ, gave notice to council that I was leaving chav central.

2/08 signed lease and picked up keys.

3/8 hired XLB 11 reg VW and shifted all my stuff in one load helped by my best mate, we acted the part of white van man very well.

Net re-connected 8/8.
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Very nice, hope you remain as happy there as you seem to be now.
  3. Nice move Stirling :-D , Good luck in your new home
  4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Good for you Stirl I hope things work out for you
  5. Cheers muckers, I am here till they carry me out in a box. :-D
  6. More pics

Before and after shots of lounge.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Wot no ramps or handrails?! :shock: :wink:

Looks nice, Stirling. When's the call round for an RR decorating party..? :twisted:
  8. Love the picture of your mug on the hearth ;)......

This is such a nice story, really quite touching when good things happen to people. It looks lovely Stirling, all the best and here's hoping you have many a happy hour planting bits and bobs in the garden, they are such peaceful places.
    P.S. A couple of brown and white teatowels would look great your kitchen (gallery) ;) They'd match nicely :)
  9. PPS, Wikinson's do a lovely range of mugs and crockery that don't break the bank BTW. :)
  10. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Who pulled the door handle off (now on the sofa)?
  11. Just giving lounge door a coat of lookin at. .:-D
  12. is my tourettes mug, it say's TWAT, thank you for your suggestions but I have enough T-towels and shit, luckily for me elder bro' Peter is a keen gardener (has won community awards for his patch) and has all the power tools to keep it in trim.
  13. Load em up in the meat wagon Sarge and bring em round. . :brushteeth:
  14. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You get a better class of squat these days!

Hope your neighbours are fine and that they don't mind their new neighbour's strange habits!
  15. She is in her 70's, went round to introduce myself last thurs, covo went summat like this

''Hello , I just moved in next door''

''Oh, I moved here 12 years ago but sadly my hubby died 6 months after we moved in''

''You here with yer missus like''

''No, just me''

''Behave yerself then''

Both had a good laff at that.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Congrats is the start of the rest of your life. Good luck !
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Updated.........
  18. That does look good, much more modern, rather elegant and stylish actually.
  19. Thank you Sol, have been wanting to do something like that for years and finally I had the opportunity, egg box foam either side of chimney breast so I do not disturb my neighbour, as I said earlier will be here till they carry me out in a box.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  20. Hope the foam is fire retardant Sterling! ;)

Congratulations on your new home!