move to new AFCO to speed up?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Soothsayer, Jul 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I applied and got accepted in the London AFCO but now i live down in devon. I wondered since I've aldready waited 1 1/2 years to get in, is it worth moving my application to Portsmouth to maybe shave a month or 2 off my waiting time or will it have the reverse effect ?

Thank you

2. Re: move to new AFCO to spped up?

Portsmouth? Devon? :?:

3. Re: move to new AFCO to spped up?

As a soothsayer surely you should have the answer

4. Re: move to new AFCO to spped up?

Why would moving your application to a different AFCO improve your chances by 2 months??

However, as you are no longer in London you will need to move your application. Just give them a call and tell them that you have moved near to Portsmouth. If they don't know where that is just tell them not to be so stupid as everyone knows that it's in Devon. :lol:

5. Re: move to new AFCO to spped up?

The candidate's region isn't taken into account when it comes to allocating him/her a start date at HMS Raleigh - it wouldn't be fair if it did.

Looking at the waiting time for ET(WE), it seems to me that you will be at HMS Raleigh by this time next year; I know that this might seem like a long time to wait to you, but it's really not a very long time at all, in the greater scheme of things.

6. Re: move to new AFCO to spped up?

so how exactly do they disribute places soleil?

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Re: move to new AFCO to spped up?

Entry dates are allocated by a bloke in Portsmouth (Devon) in strict order related to the date they passed the Recruiting Test coupled with the branch chosen as first preference. (If you change the job, the waiting time starts from when you join that list).

The bloke in Portsmouth (Devon) then notifies the AFCO by computer alert, which as we all know relays the message at 186,000 miles per second, so the time-lapse is negligible related to geographic location.

He also uses chicken bones & a witch doctor's ju-ju bag to forecast approximate waiting times. Apparently. Some even say he knows the Stig.

8. Re: move to new AFCO to spped up?

NS is that "Of the dump"????? :D

SM

:)

9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Someone's let the cat out of the bag here, its been under wraps, but Portsmouth is being moved to the Devon area to tie in with Plymouth, this is being done to rationise parlimentary constituancy boundries and reducing MP's numbers from 650 to 600. The new constituancy will be renamed Plymport. It will fit in nicely with the defence review by conjoining the two main naval dockyards into one, thus saving money

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

No, the Hump.... :lol:

11. Re: move to new AFCO to spped up?

I'm musing on the possibility that Soothsayer's presumption is predicated on the idea that, if a candidate lives in the Portsmouth area and thus within the footprint of HMNB itself, he/she somehow has an inside track to a place at HMS Raleigh, perhaps imagining that the Allocator, if he finds himself with an unexpected gap in his list, thinks: "Let's phone that bloke who lives just down the road".

12. Re: move to new AFCO to spped up?

:wink: It doesn't happen like that, the guy that buys the allocator the most Baccardi get the earliest entry date!!!!

SM

:) :D :twisted:

13. Re: move to new AFCO to spped up?

<<....spped up....>>

???

Slipped up?

Slapped up?

Spewed up?

Strapped up?

Screwed up?

Stood Up?

All of those???

I guess thats why you moved from London to Devon (Portsmouth).... :roll: :wink:

14. Re: move to new AFCO to spped up?

15. Re: move to new AFCO to sped up?

OP title sorted?
    Move to Pompey sped up? Have they finally opened up the Supersonic High Speed Train Service as promised in 1978? :lol:

Masterchef still posting like a numpty Isee. :roll:

16. Re: move to new AFCO to sped up?

not me this time nz

17. Re: move to new AFCO to sped up?

OP was told to go easy on the "e"s :wink:

18. Re: move to new AFCO to sped up?

I was refering to your 'hilarious' signature block Marine joke, from the evidence on here of your intelligence I wouldn't put yourself too high on the Naval service IQ tree. :roll:

19. Re: move to new AFCO to spped up?

I saw you with your other AFCO oppos thinking that one up. :wink: :) :roll:

[​IMG]

20. And here's I thinking Portsmouth was nearer Kent than Devon.
    Er..you did inform AFCO London of your change of address? I'm only asking as there might be a couple of joining instruction mails awaiting you at your old address.