Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mountain Biking/Boarding

dunjamon

Lantern Swinger
Does anyone know of any clubs relating to either of these in the Navy? I know my other passion - climbing is catered for. Seeing as these are two of my biggest hobbies it'd be nice to continue partaking in them if I pass selection/training.

Thanks

War Hero
The RN/ RM cycle club has a Mountain Biking section.

I take it you mean mountain boarding, rather than sailboarding? In which case I don't think so, but there might be local unit clubs which haven't formed a broader association as yet.

security_geek

Lantern Swinger
Don't know about in the RN at the moment, there was no interest in in Mountainboarding in '04 when I left.
If you are heading down to Collingrad after Dartmouth (looking at your chosen career), and nothing else appears I can recommend Team SOBA based at Haredown. They are a good bunch and have an active free ride programme.
What you into? BX, freestyle or my favourite staying vertical!! ^_^;

edited for gash spelling

dunjamon

Lantern Swinger
It's more like kite boarding, I just strap myself to my board and throw a 14 foot kite into the mix. Thanks for the reply, I'll definitely be signing up for the cycle club.

security_geek

Lantern Swinger
Again there may be a club by now. Should there not be and you are in Gosport area then Port Solent has a fairly active, and friendly, group of power kiters who are normally down there.

dunjamon

Lantern Swinger
Damn the latency on my connection, would have replied before you posted. I'm into Trail/XC on my MTB. Used to be into solely DH on my board but I'm now getting quite good at freestyle and managed my first fingerflip t'other day. Staying vertical is always the ultimate aim though:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Mountain Biking? Sports and Adventure Training 2
C mountain biking Sports and Adventure Training 6
MoD_RSS Good karma: British travellers rescued by Deputy High Commissioner via mountain roads, ‘elephant corridor’ and a breakdown in a tiger reserve. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Commission appoints interim manager to Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries International MoD News 0
O Matelot Mountain leaders???? The Corps 7
MoD_RSS Royal Navy helicopter rescues nine walkers from Scottish mountain Current Affairs 0
M Mountain climbing in the Royal Marines. The Corps 50
soleil BBC - Behind The Lines - The Mountain and Arctic Warfare Cadre The Corps 3
jesse Me, Henry Hudson. Lewis and Clark, and all the Mountain men. Travel & The Great Outdoors 5
Bad CO Original Mountain Marathon - 29/30 October 2011 Sports and Adventure Training 0
soleil RM Mountain Leaders Abseiling Down The Spinnaker Tower To A Fanfare At 12 pm Today The Corps 4
soleil Grough: "Award For Mountain Rescue Helicopter Engineers" The Fleet Air Arm 6
speppy2316 mountain bike sponsors Sports and Adventure Training 11
Ninja_Stoker Royal Marines Mountain Leaders, BRF & 45 Commando Charity 0
M new sports and mountain equipment website Health & Fitness 8
babystew 525 feet and you find a mountain Submariners 26
C recce operator/mountain leader The Corps 10
W RM Mountain and Arctic Warfare Cadre The Corps 10
Gundulph Mountain Leaders Course DVD/Book/Website? The Corps 11
MoD_RSS Biking for Britain MoD News 0
Seaman-Spec-Kris Biking during basic training etc? Motoring 7
Spiced Buoy Naval Boarding Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
T Boarding Parties The Fleet 4
A Boarding parties ? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 30
soleil YouTube: "Royal Marines Boarding Skills On Display" The Corps 8
Stirling Boarding Party Diamond Lil's 9
MoD_RSS HMS Sutherland begins boarding operations off Libya Current Affairs 0
trelawney126 Boarding School. Courts Martial of Cdr. Current Affairs 78
TheCommunicator Boarding school - CEA Nearest & Dearest 8
XS650BOBBER boarding parties? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
burnsy85 What trade do you have to be , to go in boarding partys Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
hamisatypeofcheese Boarding Party Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
C Boarding Officers The Fleet 10
M boarding teams Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
S The perfect ship for boarding ops in the Gulf... The Fleet 3
N Boarding Parties Diamond Lil's 21
T NAVY SEALS EXERCISE THEIR BOARDING TECHNIQUES Submariners 5
Handler RN to resume Boarding patrols Current Affairs 7
chockhead819 The Boarding Party The Fleet 7
PartTimer Attempted Boarding Current Affairs 10