mountain bike sponsors

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by speppy2316, Jul 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok i know the RN has a bike club, i am just wondering whilst riding with them, will there be opportunity to get scouted by sponsors or does this happen rarely happen ??

would be great for some insight into this, thank you.
  2. I believe they compete at a reasonably high level, and there would be scouts or sponsors to the effect. However, The RN will almost defiantly not give you time off work to represent anyone other than the navy, at a stretch the RAF or Army.
  3. The RNRMCA has a Mountain Bike Secretary - send him an e-mail and see what he says. That way, you will have a contact on the RN Mountain Biking scene who could be of assistance once you are serving and ready to join the club.
  4. [​IMG]

It would look nice in RN colours eh?

I agree. :D

Or maybe you like XC lycra more? 8O :x
  5. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

At least the Pussers Red Devil seems to have kept up with the times :wink:
  6. At least the pussers red had pedals Jan. :wink:
  7. that would look epic in the RN colours.
    DH all the way, yet i ride an xc bike for DH xD

and ok lets be abit realistic with the bike
  8. Ahhh, Kona. Not my cup of tea.

I have a sexy 09 Commencal Meta 4x which ive used for everything from DH to dirt jumping. Its a beast which can do everything. I ride XC on my way to and from the DH trails so i guess its also a XC bike!

I used to have a 07 Iron Horse Sunday with all the DH trimmings, but i realised my type of riding didn't suit its weight. The meta 4x is like a HT with suspension though, you don't feel any pedal bob at all but its so smooth when on the rough stuff.

"Biker babble mode off*

I'll definetely be joining the RN cycle club when i get in.
  9. kona are great was thinking about getting the kona bass or the stinky.

yea commencal make bikes that just do everything and go every, there mental bikes with a mental price tag.

iron horse are nice but don't really like there sunday bikes, the 6 point six is a nice bike, currently riding a 2008 pinnacle peak 1.0 with rock shox tora 302 100 mm travel and 2010 avid juicy 3, not as smooth as a full sus (as its a hard tail) but i can shred any trail im on with it.

yep the RN cycle club will defiantly be getting my application when i get in.
  10. [​IMG]

Frames are down in price alot! :D
  11. If you are looking for a sponsor in this forum you could try tug1970, who loves bikes so much he is about to get an award for most patient driver to cyclist's award Liverpool 2010.
  12. that is amazing, such a nice bike and its orange as well that makes it even more awesome, i want one :D