Motorman form sent off

Discussion in 'RFA' started by goosefromryhope, Oct 31, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. First registered my interest around a year ago and finally received my application form this week.

Just completed my paper application form for Motorman and returned it to recruitment at Portsmouth.

Any ideas how things likely progress from here?

Is there anywhere I can practice similar tests to the ones I will take for the role?

2. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You'll get acknowledgment of your application then you will get a letter from your local AFCO inviting you to take your psychometric test. If successful you go through into the sift. Time scale for interview, yes or no, checks, formal offer depends on when next course is due to start at Sultan I would think.

As an example SG2 recruitment opened 1st June, interviews were in August/September, first course from that recruitment drive starts in January.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren.

3. Just going through a few trial tests. Main concern at the moment is the mechanical questions. but plenty of time to read up and get the brain thinking the right way.

4. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Search it on here. Loads of links in the stickies in the joining the RN section. It's the same test!!

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren.

5. yeah been doing that and saved a lot to my computer so I can keep practising.

the maths and English side of it I seem to be very good at.

the mechanical side of it not so good. but think its because I have never had to use that part of my brain for years. so plenty of revision and should be ok.