Motorman 2 training

Discussion in 'RFA' started by blainy88, Jul 22, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all. I'm due to sit a psychometric test this week for the role of Motorman 2.
    I've done a bit of reading into the training I'd undertake if I am lucky enough to be successful in my application. However, the info I can find is somewhat limited. Could anyone tell me what exact engineering NVQ I would complete at HMS Sultan and HMS Collingwood?

Also, during time training are you permitted home at weekends?

Thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Passed the psychometric test! Can anybody help with any of my questions?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Not sure about the NVQ. but I do know that you should be allowed home at the weekend, unless something has been planned.
    im just waiting for sift now so might see you down in Pompey for the interviews.
    good luck

4. Thanks mate. Good luck to yourself too. Have you applied for Motorman yourself? Take it your from Liverpool?

5. Yeah I applied for the mm2 role and passed the rt just waiting for sift on the 7th now.
    Hopefully get through that and then get my head in the books.
    im originally from liverpool but live on the Wirral now

6. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Motorman 2 - does this mean we have to go back and clear out the No-Go areas in Northern Ireland again? :angry7:

• Like Like x 1
  7. I applied for Motorman, and I am also waiting on sift, How did you find out what date the sift would happen?

8. It was on the rfa web page when I applied.
    sift August 7th
    interviews early September

good luck

9. Ah thanks.
    When I did the RT test, I got the impression that not as many people applied for the position as what they thought, when I was talking to one one of the RFA people. So hopefully that is a good thing for all of us.
    Good luck to you too.

10. Today's the day!
    Good luck to all who applied

11. Good luck chaps. Kopite I'm also from Liverpool. We might have done the psychometric tests at same time.

I also got the impression that there wasn't as my applications as they expected. The lady I spoke to on the phone said something along the lines of 'it's as if nobody knows were recruiting'.
    Anyway, best of luck to everybody!

12. I hope your right. Took me a long time to get my family to the point where I can apply and give 100%.

i took my test on the July 17th

13. Best of luck everyone.
    Any idea how long it will be to hear back now?

14. Not got a clue sorry :(

15. Ah I did my test a few days after you then Kopite.

16. Anybody heard anything?

17. No pal. Not expecting to hear anything for a few days yet

18. I was hoping they would be as quick as they were with the RT results, I found out the next day.

19. I was myself, but assuming we pass they with need to arrange dates for interviews, paperwork ect..

20. Yeah makes sense.