Motorbikes at Collingwood

ScaleyFins

Midshipman
Hello all,

Just a quick question. I'm off to Raleigh in a couple of weeks, from what i've heard i'll be accomodated at HMS Collingwood during my trade training. Will I be allowed to bring my bike?

Might be jumping the gun a little as if i'm going to have to SORN it and store it it's best to know sooner rather than later.

Cheers,
Andy

ScaleyFins said:
Hello all,

Just a quick question. I'm off to Raleigh in a couple of weeks, from what i've heard i'll be accomodated at HMS Collingwood during my trade training. Will I be allowed to bring my bike?

Might be jumping the gun a little as if i'm going to have to SORN it and store it it's best to know sooner rather than later.

Cheers,
Andy
Yeah mate, no problems

brigham600

War Hero
Mate, I am a biker myself and there are plenty of spaces allocated for bikes there. What do you ride by the way? Bike that is ;-)

the_matelot

War Hero
You can use the parade ground as a test track!!

I want a bike badly but I found out today that another guy I know (civvy mate) who has a bike died earlier this week. RIP fella. I wouldn't trust myself with one.

andym

War Hero
Ive had a few in the past,my 1st bike put me on my own ward in RNH Haslar with a # radius and ulna.My best oppo,george, was also killed on a bike,i actually saw him on the way to ITU and didnt recognise him.i am afraid that todays roads are just way too dangerous for me to have a bike,even if my knackered old knees would allow me one!

brigham600

War Hero
I have lost a few friends in bike accidents, but that does not put me off them. I lost too many friends in conflicts whilst in the RN to let it get to me. I love bikes to bits and have had many hours of fun on all the bikes I have ridden. However, I would like to point out that I am not a loony who tries to wheelie, stoppie etc.

Todays roads are dangerous, but then again, where isn't dangerous these days?

Just be careful and expect the unexpected. :)

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
brigham600 said:
I have lost a few friends in bike accidents

I've lost more friends in their 30s to critical illness - get out there and live your life, don't try and save it all up for old age!

brigham600 said:
Just be careful and expect the unexpected. :)

The philosophy I adopt is that all those cages on the road are guided missiles out to get you; ride appropriately, assume they'll do exactly what they shouldn't do and ride accordingly.

Don't ride beyond your abilities and get some advanced training too.

Flags

brigham600

War Hero
Spot on flags. I have attended advanced riding courses in the past and they teach you a lot, especially about your own abilities and how to improve on them.

I live life to the full and always have. As the old saying goes: "I'll get all the sleep I need when I'm dead"

Anyway, bikes are far more fun than cages full stop.

I'm a girl and I used to ride a ZX6R ...

I knew a guy, he used to drive a car until he crashed it into a tree and died.

I knew another guy, he used to jump out of planes until he died on a night jump.

I knew a guy, he was out walking and he got run over by a truck and died.

I knew a girl, she used to sew dress until she got cancer and died ...

A quote from a Guns and Roses song "You'll be lucky if you get out of life alive" ...

Trust yourself, and get on a bloody bike lol

the_matelot said:
You can use the parade ground as a test track!!

I want a bike badly but I found out today that another guy I know (civvy mate) who has a bike died earlier this week. RIP fella. I wouldn't trust myself with one.